Follow my 2003 ALH Project!

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
03, 00, 04 MK4 sedans.... 02 MK4 Wagon
Tonight, Jason (TDIJetta99) and myself will start the many installations on my 2003 Jetta.... Here's all the parts going in over the next week:

- VNT 17/22 Hybrid Turbo & new oil feed line
- 3" Old Man Intake pipe
- PD150 Intake Manifold w/2.5" race pipe
- PD in tank Lift Pump
- 3 Bar MAP Sensor
- EuroJet SMIC w/ upgraded intercooler piping from TDIParts
- VR6 Airbox
- 11mm Injection Pump
- PP502 nozzles
- Koni Sport Springs

I'll post pictures soon.....

03PlatinumTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Diesel Free after 14 years
Subscribed

I'm looking forward to this. Please take a lot of pics. I plan to follow a very similar upgrade path and can't wait to see this unfold.

Good Luck!:D

btcost

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW, '00 Jetta (totaled 12/23/10), 1987 M-B 300D
hope you already have a strong clutch!! (edit you do!!)

with Jason on the job it will be done in a DAY.

you are going to need a new plate.. RC-5

that boys works FAST

Got Bearings?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Looks familar!

Once you get RC4+ or RC5, It's going to be a different animal! I've had my setup for just over a week and I love it!

gte824j

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
*Subscribing to thread with interest*

Joe. Your car's going to be a beast! I can't wait to see it at Jay's gtg in May.

orion2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf tdi
you are doing exactly what I did... all your mods at one time...practically the same setup as me too. The first time you drive it will be awesome...assuming it all works right.

One suggestion, I would definitely open up that exhaust to help spool up and lower EGT's. Of course, you will want a tune to go with the hardware... I have rc5 with practically the same setup and its pretty nice. Have fun!

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
VNT 17/22 went in tonight along with the 3" OMI....

We adjusted the boost valve and the thing popped off less than a mile down the road... we got er back on strong though.... 21 PSI sustained.... this turbo really doesn't spike much if at all.... I like.

I'll go back on Thursday for some more.... 11mm pump, PD Lift pump and hopefully the PP502's will all be in at the end of the night.

After that, probably next Tuesday, It'll be the PD150 IM w/2.5" race pipe, EuroJet SMIC, 3 Bar MAP, and the upgraded inter cooler piping...

Then the lowering springs and it's off to Impexfest for the VR6 air box and RC5!!

Last edited:

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
btcost said:
you are going to need a new plate.. RC-5
Yea, I checked NYS DMV and the "RC5 TDI" plate is available.... I've also got some more OEM letters/numbers in the mail for the trunk.... I got the all red TDI badge, and a V5 badge to make RC5 on the left side of the trunk where the JETTA badge used to be....

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
gte824j said:
*Subscribing to thread with interest*

Joe. Your car's going to be a beast! I can't wait to see it at Jay's gtg in May.
Yea, if all goes well, it'll be all done, chipped w/RC5 and everything by the GTG on May 9th....

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Bigger is better hahaha... ran into a few little snags but we got a plan for thursday.. Hopefully everything goes on..

That's my old busted VNT15 next to the hybrid..

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
stupid things.. the stock upper intercooler pipe won't fit the 2.5" PD150 racepipe, so we had to put the ALH intake back on for now until the intercooler piping arrives.. The eurojet SMIC was modified to fit a beetle, so we're going to have to engineer something to work on the Jetta.. We were going to put the 3bar MAP sensor in last night but one of the scews broke, and I didn't want to chance breaking the other one because it was pretty late, and I didn't have the energy to take the bumper off and whatnot to fuss with it.. I like my 99.5 with the sensor in the upper pipe..

Got Bearings?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
TDIJetta99 said:
stupid things.. the stock upper intercooler pipe won't fit the 2.5" PD150 racepipe
Oh yes it does fit. It's tight but I have made it work.

The rest of sucks ass.... and I don't blame you for waiting another day. Being tired and frustrated is not a good thing when wrenching on cars.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Got Bearings? said:
Oh yes it does fit. It's tight but I have made it work.

The rest of sucks ass.... and I don't blame you for waiting another day. Being tired and frustrated is not a good thing when wrenching on cars.
No it absolutely did NOT fit. I'll take a picture of it tomorrow evening and post it. the stock elbow fits loosely INSIDE the racepipe.. no way, no how is that going outside.. It would have to stretch over 1/2" in diameter to fit. We tried.. The 2" racepipe works, a 2.25" pipe would work with some heat and PB blaster, maybe.. 2"I.D. rubber ain't gonna stretch to 2.5" I.D. without ripping.

The turbo outlet went on fine.. that little hose stretches just enough..

Got Bearings?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
I went out to the car and took a pic. It's an Allard piece and my rough eyeball measurement using a ruler is 2.25" - 2" seems too small and 2.5" seems too big. I didn't have a pair of channel locks to remove the hose and check the actual diameter but if it's different than 2.25", I'll post it up.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ya that's the 2.25", possibly even 2" I.D. either way that looks like it would stretch on without too much grief. the 2.5 is quite a bit bigger, the stock spring clamp wouldn't even fit on the bare race pipe, haha

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Koni Sport Springs arrived today....

Upgraded inter cooler piping shipped... they'll be in on Friday.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Joe TDI said:
Koni Sport Springs arrived today....

Upgraded inter cooler piping shipped... they'll be in on Friday.
Bring em... if the fuel system gives us any crap we'll just do the springs instead:p, that is unless the pump swap goes quickly, then we'll do both..

Dzl dubber

TDI
none yet......
very interested in seeing this car in person. do you guys hit any of the weekend shows in the area on Friday or Saturdays? sorry for the thread jack:p

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I used to go to the playtogs plaza and the caldor plaza all the time in the summer with the camaro.. Never went out with the tdi.. The camaro does MUCH better burnouts, haha

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Yeah, your right. THere's NO WAY to get that question mark upper hose onto a 2.5" race pipe. Mine is stretched tightly over a 2.25". I had to use a different OEM clamp because the stock one won't even fit over the hose while it's on the 2.25" so the 2.5" is way out of the question LOL. Not a chance. The 17/22 compressor outlet hose is a walk in the park compared to a 2.5" race pipe with the stock rubber hose!

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Dzl dubber said:
very interested in seeing this car in person. do you guys hit any of the weekend shows in the area on Friday or Saturdays? sorry for the thread jack:p
Couldn't imagine there would be too many TDI's at something like that... Mostly Hondas & Acuras & street bikes from what I hear.... I'd be down for checking it out though....

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI

keggo

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Joe, I hate you. :) Kidding. I wish I could have all these things for my car... hehe

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI

gte824j

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Great progress despite the snags!

I'll be at the shop tomorrow afternoon to drop off my car. My intercooler pipes will arrive tomorrow, although my UPS guy stops at my house last. You will have my PD150 intake manifold and my street toys (2.25") race pipe to play around with all of next week. :D

*sorry to hyjack your thread, Joe*

Joe TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
11mm pump & PP502's installed last night!!

Damn, now that's a power upgrade! Holy crap it smokes like a Kenworth...

The pump & nozzles went right in, very smooth... no snags last night....

It started up nice & ran smooth.... with a slight shudder (IQ was at ZERO lol)
Adjusted the IQ an it was perfect....

I guess this coming up Tuesday, We'll mess around with the 3 Bar MAP, intercooler, piping, and PD150 Intake manifold....

After that, I have a new Boost/EGT combo gauge, Koni Sport springs, and the PD Lift pump....