3.0 gen 2 fix, immediate engine codes and weird idle

Zawurah

Veteran Member
TDI
Got the fix on my 2014 A6, and got two engine codes for check engine within 1 mile from leaving the dealer.

P010, intake mass air flow.
Then second for EGR insufficient flow.

Dealer also has my 2014 Cayenne Diesel, and the car did not accept the update and now the car is underivable. They're waiting on Porsche to figure out what's wrong with ecu blah blah blah more delays.

The fix is off to a bad start.

Burnt

TDI
A7
I'd take the car straight back to the dealer. Maybe the car was close to a regen and they flashed, thus throwing poor ERG code.

Just had my A7 TDI fixed this week. No codes, but again I haven't checked. I've been driving the car hard, setting adaptations before I check.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Mass air flow and EGR codes could be related, since these engines use the mass air flow sensor to regulate the operation of the EGR. Since it happened so soon after the fix, someone forgot to connect a hose or plug something in, or something of that sort. Take it back and tell them to fix it.

Zawurah

Veteran Member
TDI
Dealer found EGR leak, and leak on intake manifold.

Both of these are covered under extended warranty, but dealer is playing dumb and denying denying denying.

Time to call Audi customer service. The settlement terms explicitly say EGR, long block, and even check engine light.