TDI group near San Antonio?

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Are there any TDI owner/meetup groups near San Antonio, or even Austin?

Dprisner

TDI
2006 TDI/DSG; 2010 TDI/DSG
Nothing I know of in San Antonio. I do believe Austin has a Vdub get together once a month. Saw the info on CL recently.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Bump.

Anyone want to start a TDI group in Hill Country?

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Sweet, that's three of us so far, with a mix of Mk4 and Mk6.

Any others? I know we're not the only TDI owners in Hill Country/SA.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
Well, we should all plan something, ideally for August or September. Especially for those of us who probably won't be driving to TDIfest in Wisconsin this year.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I'm interested. Out here east of Austin but SA is just a hop skip and a jump.
That's pretty much anywhere in Texas. I have a feed supplier in Hamilton that I go to. 390 miles round trip, but like you said, hop, skip and a jump. Doesn't even seem far anymore.

I'll more than glad to join you guy's, but i live 2 hours south
That's not that far, with 70-75mph on the rural FM roads and state highways. And you're in Texas, it's y'all, not you guys. LOL

My vote would be for September or October, should be a little cooler by then.
That works for me. Anytime where it's 65-75 during the day would be golden.

mslaptoptx

TDI
03 Jetta ALH, 01 ALH Golf 2 Door
Good to go

I'd love to have some kind of meet/get together in Central Texas. I'm from Round Rock, and BTW have a VagCom if anyone is in need.
By the time anything is setup my Jetta will be finished, well sorta - I don't think I'll ever run out of new stuff to try and I'd love to show her off!

Jicafold

TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
I am in San Antonio. If this thread is still monitored please count me in. I would love to do a get-together. PM me if you like.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
It's semi-monitored. I guess the next step is organizing things, although I personally don't want to be delegated that, unless we all publicly come up with a general idea of where to meet and when, on here.

I'd love to have some kind of meet/get together in Central Texas. I'm from Round Rock, and BTW have a VagCom if anyone is in need.
By the time anything is setup my Jetta will be finished, well sorta - I don't think I'll ever run out of new stuff to try and I'd love to show her off!
Yup, I should also mention, I also have a HEX+CAN VCDS cable. Definitely a plus when working with pre-CAN TDIs.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
I have a proposition - is anyone interested in doing a meetup and following one another onto the three twisted sisters? It starts in Medina (a mile and a half from where I live) as FM337, goes through Lost Maples to Leakey, and then I think there's FM335 and FM336. I frequently see motorcycles on that road, and I once saw a GTG of Ford Fiesta or Focus ST heading up there. It's a fun drive, plenty of google hits on it, and some of it is technically challenging. I believe round trip, it's like 106 miles or so.

For food, we have a pizza place in town, a BBQ joint, and the Apple Store (no, not the computer company).

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
That sounds like an all day event for me. Stuff like that reserved for Sundays early morning. Nice looking twisty roads though. 2 hours to get there 3 hours for the "drive" and 2 back. Sounds like a 8 to 10 hour day. I could be up for that though. Maybe mslaptoptx and I could car pool together.