Passwords and such

LMJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 VW Golf
Each and every Moderator (or IT guru) on here should be required, once a month, to go through the rediculous "i forgot my password" menu so they can experience what a royal pain in the f'ing a** it is. Yes, of course I check the "remember me" box, but I don't log on here once a day or even once a month, so by the time I log back on, my old password is no longer valid. I'm on many forums and never have any troble logging on. Never used to have trouble logging on here until they beefed up security. Heaven forbid someone steal my personal info and learn my fake birthday that I entered or what state I live in.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
You could try writing down your password for just such occasions.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
There are also programs (some built into Google, Chrome, Windows, Norton) that will do all that for you. I remember all my important ones (anything financial or personal) and let my program create and remember all the others, most of which are so complicated and random I couldn't remember anyway. I have hundreds of passwords I don't even know and have never seen.

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
It's Vbulletin, not us.

Firefox has a password-rememberer add-on. Firefox also has a way to "sync" between various devices on which you have Firefox installed. I presume other browsers have something similar. I don't have to remember any of them.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I've had the same problem with several forums and I've left them set to the temp password that was emailed. That way all I have to do is search my emails for the password!

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I've had the same problem with several forums and I've left them set to the temp password that was emailed. That way all I have to do is search my emails for the password!