2015 A6 3.0tdi, ready for upgrades

jscsir10

TDI
2009 jetta
So the wife and I picked up a 2015 A6 C7 3.0tdi, and me being the way I am with all my Diesel’s,I’m ready to clean this one up.

I have been doing some reading here and there, but not much is out there for info. (Not like my duramax and Cummins).
So I’m torn between apr stage 2 or Malone. Leaning towards Malone. I want to delete it with a q5 dp dpf delete, And a bigger fmic. I know dark side sells the a4 B8 kit. I also see in a lot of threads people adding bigger fmic, but not which ones, and if the a4 kit will work.

So if anyone can help me out on what fmic to use and what else I should do while getting the stage2 tune,dpf delete, and fmic please let me know.

Once I get more info and learn more, I want to shoot for 400whp later on down the road.

ValveCoverGasket

Veteran Member
TDI
colorado duramax, 1z vanagon, tdi touareg
curious how you get on with the delete and tune - ive been casually eyeing the later a6 tdis as a compelling next car. especially with values apparently quite low post-diesel gate it seems like a lot of car, and a lot of mpg, for the money

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 -- 2008 Mercedes ML 320 CDI
I can't decide if I want to go with a full delete. Cold starts in Chicago I'm not to worried about. The smell of diesel at a stop light is what I can't find enough evidence about. The little I've found makes it seem that the 3.0's ramp up the smell a noticeable amount.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
I'd check out Bobby Singh's mods if you're looking for that kind of power, he's got a few hybrids floating around that'll do 400 crank but you'll be looking at a full kit + pump intercooler etc for another ~20% on top of that.

jscsir10

TDI
2009 jetta
Well so far I have ordered a stage2 tune from Malone, and a down pipe from darkside/. I also am getting a intercooler kit from darkside here shortly.
Next is turbo kit
Bigger hpfp
Modifying exhaust
Then see where I am at and how much fun it is

ValveCoverGasket

Veteran Member
TDI
colorado duramax, 1z vanagon, tdi touareg
awesome!
definitely keep us posted on how that all goes... sounds like youre keeping it emissions intact (exhaust hardware wise) for now?

is there an a6 specific downpipe setup from darkside or is it some sort of q5 adapted thing?

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
Well so far I have ordered a stage2 tune from Malone, and a down pipe from darkside/. I also am getting a intercooler kit from darkside here shortly.
Next is turbo kit
Bigger hpfp
Modifying exhaust
Are you going with a delete as well?

Sti581

TDI
2016 A6 TDI Prestige S-line
I have a 2016 fully loaded, and am doing similar upgrades. However just sticking to the Malone stage 2, and the rawtek downpipe. But it will require some custom welding since the Q5 is not identical to the A6.

Have any of you thought about intake system? I was debating on the K&N drop in cone filter for our stock air box.

Huskies2710

Veteran Member
TDI
I have a 2016 fully loaded, and am doing similar upgrades. However just sticking to the Malone stage 2, and the rawtek downpipe. But it will require some custom welding since the Q5 is not identical to the A6.
Have any of you thought about intake system? I was debating on the K&N drop in cone filter for our stock air box.
Probaly just the Malone Stage 2, and air filter isn't a bad idea.

I would like to swap in the RS6/S6 grill but bumper has to come off. Shop would have to do it, and I'm not sure if the sensor would have to be recalibrated.

trae

Veteran Member
TDI
3 prior TDIs - '97 B4 Passat Sedan, '96 Passat B4 Wagon, 2001 NB; Current - 2013 Audi Q7 TDI Pearl White Metallic - 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring - 1995 Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport Carb
So the wife and I picked up a 2015 A6 C7 3.0tdi, and me being the way I am with all my Diesel’s,I’m ready to clean this one up.
I have been doing some reading here and there, but not much is out there for info. (Not like my duramax and Cummins).
So I’m torn between apr stage 2 or Malone. Leaning towards Malone. I want to delete it with a q5 dp dpf delete, And a bigger fmic. I know dark side sells the a4 B8 kit. I also see in a lot of threads people adding bigger fmic, but not which ones, and if the a4 kit will work.
So if anyone can help me out on what fmic to use and what else I should do while getting the stage2 tune,dpf delete, and fmic please let me know.
Once I get more info and learn more, I want to shoot for 400whp later on down the road.
Please post if you get to 400whp down the road and exactly how you did that so I can copycat best as possible for my Q7, subject to the discretion of she who controls the pocketbook.....

trae

Veteran Member
TDI
3 prior TDIs - '97 B4 Passat Sedan, '96 Passat B4 Wagon, 2001 NB; Current - 2013 Audi Q7 TDI Pearl White Metallic - 2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400 Touring - 1995 Moto Guzzi 1100 Sport Carb

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
CR injectors are a lot more expensive due to the higher pressures, honed options are available through some of the quality fuel system tuners in the states doing big power truck builds. They're often dealing with 10-40k systems on race trucks so they don't market to the German crowd much. Budget at least 1200 plus injector cores for something custom and accurately flow tested, probably won't find anything sitting on the shelf. Will want a CP3 pump as well. Bobby is around 400whp

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Are bigger injectors readily available/a reasonable upgrade for the 3.0 TDI? 12-15 years ago everyone including yours truly was running them in their 1.9 TDIs but I have seen zilch to date as to bigger injectors for the 3.0.

Injectors are not the bottleneck to power at this point.

jmcrrr

TDI
Jetta 2000 Black
[
[/QUOTE]
Next is turbo kit
Bigger hpfp
Modifying exhaust
Trying to study up on benefits. Is your downpipe to increase smooth air flow and your intercooler kit to help protect from a "hotter" engine from your Malone tune?