GTB1765VK slow spooling

Mr.freezer

TDI
Ibiza 6L, Toledo 1M, Caravelle T5,
Hi guys.. I have bought Ibiza 6L FR, 96kw, BLT... Turbo is swapped for GTB1756VK vacuum converted... Turbo is spooling to late... No leaks on intake hoses... Vnt regulation is working good... Vacuum hoses good... Actuator moves freely, on idle resting on stop screw.. stop screw set with vcds basic setting group 011... The highest pressure I can achieve is 1044mbar... Do 75mbar difference between 100% and 0% duty on 1400rpm... No matter which way I move stop screw ... intried to loosen actuator rod lenght but no difference, just overbooating in higher rpm.. I even tried to plug vacuum hose directly to actuator, and still spooling very slowly.

https://log.malonetuning.com/chart/246928#H8KLCADDgMOXZlwCA33DjcORDsOCIAwFw5B%2Fw6HCuSRubsO7GcKywocqdSNBWMKgwpjDqcOXOyBZwoxxPsK2wqfDt1YpccO1w7fCi3EkwqfDoMOTEgXCnEbDiEvDq8KDecORNsKCwpjDiFFAJlHDhT0owrBkL1fCicKrw4nCicKawpnCjSbCqcKRMRLDp8OlGTgkw4rCglrDi8OnfizCgsKZZi5lw5vDpQfCqBYGw6jCoB9BNMKFMcKxwo%2FCizXCpcKuw6l%2BPWnDtyfDn8OSHcOKcCjDvcKfwrYbw5p4EMKqNMK%2BATDCmX5%2FTQEAAA%3D%3D

Amphibious699

TDI
1.9 Seat Ibiza Cupra (PD160), Stock Cam, Stock Head, 120% Firad Injectors, BT GTB2260v
Hi Mr.freezer,

Did you fit the BT in the car? If so have you mapped it yet?

If that the case you may need to get a re-map first and than see from there

Mr.freezer

TDI
What is BT? Ex owner had it mapped but tuner said the turbo is not spooling as it should. As you can see spec. Pressure is oj 2700mbar... N75 duty on 24% so vnt fully closed and turbo is not spooling even so...

Amphibious699

TDI
1.9 Seat Ibiza Cupra (PD160), Stock Cam, Stock Head, 120% Firad Injectors, BT GTB2260v
What is BT? Ex owner had it mapped but tuner said the turbo is not spooling as it should. As you can see spec. Pressure is oj 2700mbar... N75 duty on 24% so vnt fully closed and turbo is not spooling even so...

Hi Mr.freezer,

Apologies here in south africa BT is referred to a big turbo.

If it is hardware failure may need to send it in but i got be wrong.

Thanks

Digital Corpus

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'97 B4 w/ 236K mi body, 46K mi soul
If the guide/alignment pins become loose, your vane assembly becomes toast pretty fast. Inside of 1-2 weeks you'll lose all ability to build more than ~5 lbs of boost. Take the turbo off and open it up. If you need a new one, this is a trusted source and less expensive than eBay for shipping to the US. The part number is listed if you want to shop around.

I bet that one pin is loose and your vane gap is 4 mm or more.

Last edited:

Mr.freezer

TDI
If the guide/alignment pins become loose, your vane assembly becomes toast pretty fast. Inside of 1-2 weeks you'll lose all ability to build more than ~5 lbs of boost. Take the turbo off and open it up. If you need a new one, this is a trusted source and less expensive than eBay for shipping to the US. The part number is listed if you want to shop around.

I bet that one pin is loose and your vane gap is 4 mm or more.
Really intetesting... But in my opinion if this would be my problem I woukd achieve the best spool with stop screw fully out.. but this does not work for me... But will ckeck it either way.. thanks