Transmission Shudder

OldGrayOwl

TDI
2002 Jetta
I have a 2002 Jetta TDI with auto tranny. It is shuddering slightly at about 40 mph.
Has anyone tried Dr. Tranny Instant Shudder Fixx in these?

I have used it in my 1999 Ford F-150, and it completly elementated the classic Ford shudder.

Thanks,

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=dr%20tranny%20anti%20shudder&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lubegard.com%2F%7E%2FC-230%2FDr.%2BTranny%2BInstant%2BShudder%2BFix&ei=FhoBT8KvJcLr0QHwu6TAAg&usg=AFQjCNEHRQhCIC5dB36vX9DplzQkAbCUyw&cad=rjaJohn

rt_hawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI S-Line
I'd trust the lubegard platnum additive over any others. Oreillys is one place that sells it. It too will help with shudder, that is, if it isn't something more serious, the 01m is a finicky thing. How many miles on your 01m? When was the last time the fluid was checked/changed?

OldGrayOwl

TDI
2002 Jetta
Lubeguard is the company that makes the Dr. Tranny.
It has 216K on it and as far as I know, it hasn't been /checked/changed. I thought that after about 100K, if you didn't change the auto transmission oil, you don't do it.

Last edited:

rt_hawk

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI S-Line
Didn't know that about dr. Tranny. VW calls the 01m a lifetime fill, but fluid analysis shows that fluid changes every 40 to 50k should be the norm. The 01m sheds lots of wear metals. I would change the fluid and filter. It will also give you a better idea if anything is about to break (metal in pan). I think there is a write up in the "how-to's". Good luck!

OldGrayOwl

TDI
2002 Jetta
Well,
I had the tranny fluid changed and added the Lubegard Platinum additive. and it smoothed out the transmission. No more shudder. The fluid was almost as black as the oil in my diesel engine!!

It is a LOT better now.
:D:D

shuswap

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Golf TDI BEW auto
Well,
I had the tranny fluid changed and added the Lubegard Platinum additive. and it smoothed out the transmission. No more shudder. The fluid was almost as black as the oil in my diesel engine!!

It is a LOT better now.
:D:D
Thanks Grayowl. Keep us posted if anything changes, will you?

OldGrayOwl

TDI
2002 Jetta
It's been 5 months, and it is still shifting nice and smooth. the transmission now has about 235000 miles on it.