Engine oil to use in 2006 Jetta TDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

KTM250rm

TDI
2006 Jetta
With all the talk of different engine oils.

I'm looking at purchasing a used 2006 Jetta TDI and I am confused about what brand and type of diesel oil to use for the engine. I am also wanting to quiz the current owner on what type of oil he used in the engine.

Appreciate all the help I can get.

Can Delvac 1400 or Rotella T be used or what local brands of oil are you using in your 2006?

Thanks

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
No. You must use an oil meeting VW quality standard 505.01 or 507.00. A search on those terms will return days worth of reading :)

Merry Christmas!

-Jason

Kier

Veteran Member
TDI
2006.5 Jetta Limited Diesel Edition, DSG, Reflex Silver/Anthracite
KTM250rm said:
With all the talk of different engine oils.

I'm looking at purchasing a used 2006 Jetta TDI and I am confused about what brand and type of diesel oil to use for the engine. I am also wanting to quiz the current owner on what type of oil he used in the engine.

Appreciate all the help I can get.

Can Delvac 1400 or Rotella T be used or what local brands of oil are you using in your 2006?

Thanks
Currently the best buy online is the VW Long Life III 504.00/507.00 available from worldimpex.com (part number: GVW-052-195-M2). You have plenty of resources on line. TDIparts.com is also an excellent source that carries the ELF 507.00 product along with filters and many other misc parts. I exclusively buy from both. Only catch, buy for at least 2 or 3 OCI's to save on shipping. Many online sources charge exponential fees for shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.