View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2011, 08:58   #4
terrylwc

Fuel Economy: 40.1 MPG
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbsox View Post
Link to original story? I grew up in a GM town (Dayton, Ohio). The plant there was part of the major shutdowns a few years back. The closed up shop Dec 23, Merry Christmas.
I never made sense to me why a company would pay someone upwards of $22/hr to sweep floors and clean bathrooms JUST because they'd been with a company for umpteen years. There are jobs that are just limited to a certain pay bracket, raising those wages above a set point just inflates the end product's selling price to the customer--the manufacturer certainly isn't going to absorb it. If you've been with a company for 20 years and you're still cleaning bathrooms, good for you for establishing your career path. Sorry that it is one that should really only pay a couple bucks over minimum wage.
Maybe it's the ice-cold-conservative blood running through my veins, but I see somethings in such a black and white way, this is definitely one of them.
Don't even get me started on Minimum wage.... Notice there are no more "dollar menus" at fast food joints? They can't produce the food cheaply enough to continue to make any money at those low prices, partially because of the Minimum Wage laws.
Amen brother.

Page generated in 0.08717 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.72 Kb. compressed to 14.20 Kb. by saving 1.53 Kb. (9.71%)]