Mid Michigan GTG -- June 23rd -- Fowlerville, MI 48836

cd_booth

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
I'll be there! This will be my first GTG. I'm looking for a tune so I'll try to get there early to sign up.

Will Jeff or anyone else have a dremmel that I could borrow to remove my ECU?

k4u2luz2

TDI
2006 Jetta
Last year I brought my 2006 jetta with a RC1+. I let (Frank? Sorry, can't exactly remember) drive my car to see what the tune felt like so I will once again extend the offer this year. If someone has a BRM and would like to experience what an RC1+ plus feels like they are welcome to go for a ride or drive.

Psss...Jeff if you're out there I sure could use a free RocketChip window sticker since I will gladly handle the promotions department for the day. ;)

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
I'll be there! This will be my first GTG. I'm looking for a tune so I'll try to get there early to sign up.

Will Jeff or anyone else have a dremmel that I could borrow to remove my ECU?
If it is to tune the car, I do not think the ECU has to be removed. He just flashes it through the OBDII port.

JETaah

TDI
My bad.
Right you are. The ECU has to come out of the car to tune it.
:(
I have a dremel tool here.

cd_booth

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
Perfect! Thanks for confirming. I'm looking forward to coming. I contacted Jeff and he will be able to tune the removed CR ECUs on site.

originalboxcar

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI 6spd
Dagnabit! I'll be camping that weekend...shoot!

Just did a right inner tie rod and rear brakes but could've found a "project" to work on...oh well.

I'll miss you guys and gals....when the work is done, drink a shandy for me Kirk!:D

t~

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Every other GTG Marty's had that Jeff has attended, Jeff was there and working from the start (if not before) until waaaay after festivities were supposed to be over, at times after midnight :eek: so I'd say yes, he'll be off and running as soon as the GTG is scheduled to start. On that note, let's all try to be considerate of Marty and Sandy as well as Jeff and not get there at the crack of dawn and expect to be serviced immediately. It's usually a looong day for those folks that are doing us a great favor. I really appreciate what you're doing for this little community guys! Thanks again!

AO928

TDI
2011 JSW DSG
On my calendar. Showed up last year and had a great time. No projects for me (unless I never get my suspension swapped), but I will have my VCDS with me and maybe I can get a few pointers or help a few others out.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I need to bow out guys, Boo for me I know!

but, I do have a really good excuse. We have purchased a new house and will be moving into it on the Weekend of the 23rd.

Looking forward to the new space and better schools for my children.

Tell everyone I am sad to miss them. and see them all at Fest for sure.

And Whitbreads if he evers posts one up...

Aaron

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
That's pretty awesome you all are moving into a new house! More space for everyone and hopefully a bigger garage for you! :)

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
ya, Ill be gaining 10 feet in BOTH directions over my current garage... 18x22 to 28x32..

so ya, needless to say both momma and myself are gonna be happy at the new place.

JETaah

TDI
I need to bow out guys, Boo for me I know!

but, I do have a really good excuse. We have purchased a new house and will be moving into it on the Weekend of the 23rd.

Looking forward to the new space and better schools for my children.

Tell everyone I am sad to miss them. and see them all at Fest for sure.

And Whitbreads if he evers posts one up...

Aaron
WHAT!!!
Placing your family in front of TDI activities?
Sometimes I just don't understand you. ;)
Miss ya

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
ya I know, whats it been 2 or 3 years at this point since I have been there for your gtg? im going thru withdrawls.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
I wonder if Marty has a wireless internet connection that reaches his garage. Someone could set up a web conference like WebEx or GoToMeeting. Maybe Lew Pavlovich could even dial in from Florida and offer some advice, snarky comments (you DROVE that here?!), and low-ball offers for disassembled TDIs.... :D Point the camera at Mark sprawled out on his back, to prove that he is still the reigning belly pan king.....

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Hey! I still resemble that remark although Capn' Kirks daughter makes a much more fetching bellypan person! ;)
You'll be missed Aaron. We'll promise to speak your name in hushed tones, reverently. :p

JETaah

TDI
I wonder if Marty has a wireless internet connection that reaches his garage. Someone could set up a web conference like WebEx or GoToMeeting. Maybe Lew Pavlovich could even dial in from Florida and offer some advice, snarky comments (you DROVE that here?!), and low-ball offers for disassembled TDIs.... :D Point the camera at Mark sprawled out on his back, to prove that he is still the reigning belly pan king.....
Fru--
I have a hard-wire internet connection out there. All we would need is a router....Yes? My house wireless connection drops off short of the barn.

CaptainKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Black
Hey! I still resemble that remark although Capn' Kirks daughter makes a much more fetching bellypan person! ;)
You'll be missed Aaron. We'll promise to speak your name in hushed tones, reverently. :p

The TDIratchett is back in Battle Creek. I'm hoping we'll be able to get her to come tbis year.

She's going to miss Aaron and the kids though...

You'll have to ask her what she's done to her B4...:D

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Oh Man, they let all the Kirk's out, didn't they?

;););)

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Anyone else have any tool requests? Im already bringing the bushing tool, but I also have TB tools and a few other special tools. Let me know if these are going to be needed or not.

lrpavlo

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Sportwagen DSG, 02 NB Auto
Wow Capt Kirk! You've got a serious collection going!!

I sure miss all you guys and gals up there....but I don't miss the weather!!

wbuschman

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (6 Spd. Manual)
I'm going to be driving up the evening before the GTG and staying with a buddy of mine nearby. I'll be leaving Cleveland around 6:00pm on Friday which will put me in the area around 9:00pm. Anyone else planning on getting up there the night before, and if so does anyone feel like getting together to grab some grub on Friday night?

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
wbuschman - we'll be staying in Ypsi on Friday night. I'd be up for going out to get food locally or in Ann Arbor if you're interested.

wbuschman

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (6 Spd. Manual)
wbuschman - we'll be staying in Ypsi on Friday night. I'd be up for going out to get food locally or in Ann Arbor if you're interested.
Either works for me! They're both about the exact same distance from where I'm staying. I don't know the area so I don't know what there is to eat around there, but I'm sure Yelp could figure it out if you're equally unfamiliar with the area.

mlemorie

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta
Any other special tools needed? Ill bring what I can. Im going to try to knock out as much of a suspension refresh as I can, Ive got everything short of new shocks and springs coming. I assume there will be tools to do most of this correct? I would rather make sure now than have a surprise waiting for me. Im bringing the rear bushing tool, will there be a setup for doing front CA bushings, strut mounts, ball joints, tie rods, and possibly subframe bushings? Ive been putting it all off too long, and with 180k these parts have definitely done their job. I was trying to decide on whether or not to hold off for an R/TT front end, but I figure I need to save money lol.

CaptainKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, Black
Wow Capt Kirk! You've got a serious collection going!!

I sure miss all you guys and gals up there....but I don't miss the weather!!

Lew

I just added another one today. It's a bit of a project car at this point and may need some head work. Cassandra and I have progress a little bit since you taught us how to do the TB job....:D

Marty

Do you know if Frank wll be coming this year? I'm just starting a project car that may need nozzels balanced. I may need to have some head work done one this project car and maybe I could coordinate shipping or return shipping with him.

Kirk

JETaah

TDI
Marty

Do you know if Frank wll be coming this year? I'm just starting a project car that may need nozzels balanced. I may need to have some head work done one this project car and maybe I could coordinate shipping or return shipping with him.

Kirk
I can not say for sure. A couple of months ago he said yes but has not since mentioned it. I am sure that he is loaded down with work back home and finds it difficult to drive all that way for a day's visit.

For what it is worth, I have a pop tester here but no real equipment to do the shimming and main injection accessment.