Injector pump Diagram

Turbo231

Veteran Member
Anyone know where I can get the pump diagram online.
I followed an old post but SAE.ORG only has the book now.
Unless someone knows where they put the PDF.
I was told by a few members that my Quantity Adjuster ring is stuck. What will see if I take the pump apart at the second seam? Like taking it apart where you would loosen it for the hammer mod.

Turbo231

Veteran Member
I already read that and went to the SAE page to buy the PDF.
It looks like they stopped offering it for download.
If someone could point me to a spot that has it they would have my thanks.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Here's some stuff from my photo gallery.

Turbo231

Veteran Member
Thanks!
I wish I would have had these pics earlier.
Then I wouldn't have been so worried about taking mine apart. Now I need to figure out why I get a quantity adjuster error.

Turbo231

Veteran Member
Well, took the pump apart and cleaned it.
The Quantity Adjuster error went away.
But still no start.
I've bleed the pump and injectors.
I looks to me that it still isn't pumping up enough PSI to pop the injectors. Should I clean the shutoff valve?
Should I get my injectors cleaned?

AntonUK

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi80tdi, A2 ahf project in progress...
Try disconnecting the fuel rails and see if any fuel is being delivered.

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I've been recieving an intermittent Quanity Adj error for about 1-year. I'm glad to hear you could just clean it. What did you use to clean it up with? DeoxIT or something similar?

Tell me in a bit more detail (yes I'll re-read your post) what exactly you took apart.

Thanks

Big Red

Veteran Member
It appears to me in addition to the 3 torx head bolts you need to remove teh triangle saftey bolt with the special socket from Metalnerd. At least on the B4s this is the case.

PharoahTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
None
It appears to me in addition to the 3 torx head bolts you need to remove teh triangle saftey bolt with the special socket from Metalnerd. At least on the B4s this is the case.
Is this the case? I am planning on doing the hammer mod this weekend and I don't have the socket for the triangular bolt. Does it need to be loosened or can you get away with only the other three?

ArturCosta

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 Avant 1996 Silver
I think i have the same problem...
Does your car shake between 1500rpm and 2000rpm?
Does it get difficult to start the car sometimes?

jmcqueen

TDI
2003 Jetta
Hammer Mod - Value question 3.4-3.6 or 4.0

thanks for this forum. what a tremendous help it is!

Last edited:

jmcqueen

TDI
2003 Jetta
bump. i am in the middle of doing the hammer mod. where is block 2 on vag-com that you are talking about?
thanks in advance,
john

KERMA said:
Here's some stuff from my photo gallery.

SeanP

TDI
96 Passat
Man, this stuff is a huge help to me. I'm an airplane/jet engine mechanic and was intimidated by the TDI injector pump. Now I think I'm ready to fix my friend's leaking pump. We replaced the seal on the top cover but it's still leaking at the second seam. He's been worried about something popping out too. Now it looks like the repair won't be as hard as I thought. If all goes well, I'll have the experience to fix my own pump when it leaks. Always better to experiment with someone else's car before your own. Thanks guys.

friedemann

VW Rabbit Turbodiesel F.I.P. info

I am gonna try and rebuild it(leaks badly) car still ran when I shut it down. Any suggestions where I can get more info on the pump before I take the wrench to it.(Wanna be prepared for stuff that may fall out because it is positioned wrong when working on it.).
The only rebuilding I am gonna do is seal replacement(as it is an 84, they probably dried up. Fuel was gushing out of the 2 holes at the bottom of the pump after dripping a half dozen drops overnight for about a year. Car started and ran great(however it was smoking more than I like) There is no other "T" pump around me"within 500 miles that I can find.
I been wrenching for many year, motor rebuilds, granfather clock repairs, appliance repairs.....so am not TOO worried about taking it apart. Just trying to make life easier.

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
Which IP seal(s) are leaking? I successfuly replaced the leaky mainshaft seal on the '85 Jetta TD's IP when I had it. I was replacing the motor and found the leaky seal, so the IP was coming off the car anyway. I removed the pulley (2-prong puller cranked tight and a smack w/ a 2 X 4 got the pully off with the pump mounted on the car). I used a general purpose seal puller and CAREFULLY pried the seal out without gouging the seal bore or mainshaft. It was tricky. I had to drill a small hole in the metal face of the seal and get the puller in the hole. It took 3 holes, because the seal was ungodly tight in its bore. The new seal drove right in.

There is a small seal puller available for this seal, as well.

I've read about others who have successfully replaced the throttle shaft and cold start shaft seals.

The high pressure pump head "O" ring is dang near impossible to replace on these pumps, though.

The throttle shaft one can be tricky.

--Nate

vman858

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 jetta
Last edited:

LLL

Veteran Member
TDI
'95 Red Passat TDI 90hp 5 manual
I don't understand only one thing: do I need a hammer mode if I replace only the cover seal? Or just replace the seal, put the cover back on its place, put the marks together, and that's all?
Thanks.

LurkerMike

Veteran Member
TDI
-Whitey: 2000 Jetta GLS, Red: 2000 Jetta GLS 5-speed
I would think that you should check the IQ with VAG-COM to make sure you get it back on right.

I made the mistake of doing the hammer mod with the engine not running. I went too far, about 1/32" which was so far off the scale that it would not start! Fortunately I had scribed a mark BEFORE I moved it and I was able to put it back to my mark (an old trick that I learned long ago in other situations the hard way).

That is just how sensitive the adjustment is. The width of your scribe mark is basically the total range of movement needed to go from one extreme to the other!

Scribing a line is a basic requirement, but a VAG-COM final check is just as important IMHO.

LLL

Veteran Member
TDI
'95 Red Passat TDI 90hp 5 manual
Thanks LurkerMike, but I still din't know: is the Vag-com required for the cover seal replace, or I can do it without it (cause I don't have a Vag-com!:eek:). So, yes or no?
Thanks.

bayshorecs

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Golf
Big Red said:
NOTE:

Be sure to loosen the 3 torx bolts which are in the middle of the pump and the special bolt at the top. The top most set of torx bolts (at the same level as the special bolt) are for accessing the fuel temp sensor.

kwalsh24

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Golf 2dr (SOLD), 09 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Just curious, Is anything above 4.0+ good or bad on the engine and its wear and tear? If i set the IQ too high will I possibly cause issues down the road? This is a fully stock pump and car... Just seeking what are optimal numbers for the best fuel economy

Last edited: