CP3 fuel pump upgrade thread

adrian537

TDI
2014 vw jetta sportwagen tdi
I've been running the CP3 on the stock "fixed" tune for about a month now and it's unnoticeable (other than the slight gear whine). I'll be doing deletes and
a tune before long but I see no reason why you couldn't run it stock indefinitely.
Cheers!
Hey Max where did you get your CP3? you're still under the extended warranty VW gave us?

Max Power

TDI
On #8
Adrian, I bought my pump and 2micron kit from another user here last year. He screwed me out of the secondary filter head so I'm running my stock filter. I am technically under warranty. Not sure if the CP3 would change that but it doesn't really matter to me as I have an EGR delete and downpipe sitting in my garage. So, I'm not really planning on the warranty anyway.

This kit is on Ebay right now $925+$80s&h https://www.ebay.com/i/323450957989?chn=ps

The only thing it seems to be missing that Andrew's had is the secondary filter head so it's pretty much how I'm set up now.

Cheers!

adrian537

TDI
yeh i live in california so i need my dpf and egr. i've used the extended warranty in july to have my dpf and egr replaced, drove approximately 1,300 miles and as a few days ago my car is at VW dealership having the dpf and egr replaced once again after i noticed a lot of soot on the back of my car (they said i have no air/vacuum leak after checking) vw first was asking me if i used an aftermarket air filter (i think because the mass air flow sensor was giving errors), then they asked me how long have i been using biodiesel which i never did (tried to make a big fuss about my 2micron pure flow even thought it was installed before july when vw first fixed the dpf and egr). so i'm afraid that if i do the CP3 conversion vw will not honor my extended warranty any longer. in a way i'm happy to have the vw extended warranty because it covers so many parts but at the same time i wish i could do the CP3 conversion today and not worry about VW because i know that even if my CP4 goes bad and they replace all the parts necessary my car will never be the same.

bananaman82

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
So darkside is the only place to get a CP3 pump and kit? I just replaced my turbo and sort of love my car so I want it to last a good long while and not live in fear.

mrorganic

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagon
There is still one on ebay for $925 + $80 s&h.

https://www.ebay.com/i/323450957989?chn=ps

Darkside is f625 to f775 plus shipping. I have no clue what the exchange rate is or what the shipping is from Darkside.

For me personally my car in in the dealers shop now getting the complete fuel system replaced under warranty. But want to warn everyone, that VW is denying this if you do not have a Fuel Guard kit on your car.

adrian537

TDI
There is still one on ebay for $925 + $80 s&h.

https://www.ebay.com/i/323450957989?chn=ps

Darkside is f625 to f775 plus shipping. I have no clue what the exchange rate is or what the shipping is from Darkside.

For me personally my car in in the dealers shop now getting the complete fuel system replaced under warranty. But want to warn everyone, that VW is denying this if you do not have a Fuel Guard kit on your car.

how many miles did your car have when the CP4 went bad?

mrorganic

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagon
My car only had about 90,000 miles on it when the Check engine light came on, i tried to figure it out but to no avail, I did not think it was the HPFP because every failure i have read about, was an immediate failure and the CEL came on at the time of failure. At around 91,000 is when i got it to the dealer. At first VW refused to honor the warranty because i did not have a Fuel Guard Kit on my car. I got a hold of an attorney that was part of the group that went after VW and in a few weeks I got a call from the dealer that VW was honoring there warranty.

adrian537

TDI
My car only had about 90,000 miles on it when the Check engine light came on, i tried to figure it out but to no avail, I did not think it was the HPFP because every failure i have read about, was an immediate failure and the CEL came on at the time of failure. At around 91,000 is when i got it to the dealer. At first VW refused to honor the warranty because i did not have a Fuel Guard Kit on my car. I got a hold of an attorney that was part of the group that went after VW and in a few weeks I got a call from the dealer that VW was honoring there warranty.

You didn't participate in the recall for the Fuel Guard Kit? My 2014 came with it already. You’re lucky you've got yourself a good lawyer. Hey at least you're getting a lot of brand new parts now. Hopefully they get all the metal out of your fuel system.
In my case i wish i could do the CP3 tomorrow if it wouldn't be for VW to somehow deny my extended warranty. i just went thru having the DPF and EGR changed in july by VW at their expense, drove approximately 1,300 miles and now the DPF and EGR went bad again. it appears that the original Exhaust Gas Cooler was never changed, went bad and i guess damaged the new DPF and EGR. VW once again changed all these parts at their expense. At first they were trying to say that i've used bio-diesel which i never did, then they were asking all sort of questions regarding my 2micron PureFlow and Containment filter kit i have installed. Imagine if i would've had the CP3 pump installed? i would've been screwed.

mrorganic

TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagon
adrian537; Yes you are right, i am very lucky (blessed) to be getting all this work done on my car. Then I should have a warranty on this work and the parts.

Seems like VW would save money if they would adopt the CP3 pump as a replacement.

I really think these problems on the DPF and EGR are in my opinion bad things forced upon the diesels engines by the EPA a government agency that does not manufacture engines. I Think the manufacturers know more about engine design than the government bureaucrats. If the engines get better mileage and they would if the EPA did not tell the manufacturers how to build the engines. The engines would also last longer and cost a less to build. In the end cause less pollution.

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The cp4 pump was the replacement for the cp3. The main reason being the cp4 saved them money. Failures are statistically fairly rare. Not very reassuring if you have a failure, I'll admit.
You really can't blame the EPA for wanting clean air. The European regulators want the same thing, and would have/have resulted in more or less the same emissions control strategies. Trust me, you don't want to live in a world devoid of environmental regulation.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I got mine from 2micron, but Ryan at Darkside developments(UK) is a very good guy and has as much expertise in tdi performance parts as anyone. Don't know about the guy in Romania.

edgewatertom

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta 5spd GLS; 2010 Jetta 6spd; 2003 Golf 2DR 5spd; 2016 GMC Canyon 2.8DuraMAX
Never mind, I just ordered one from the dealer. Part number 03L130238 if anyone needs one. Thanks Andrew!!!

I am in desperate need of the hub from the CP4. :eek::eek::eek: I must have thrown the hub away with the old timing belt parts.:confused:

Long story short...VW won't do the "fix" with the CP3 installed. So I'm re-installing the original HPFP to get the fix and the money.

Of course I will pay shipping and a reasonable fee for your trash.:D

Last edited:

edgewatertom

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta 5spd GLS; 2010 Jetta 6spd; 2003 Golf 2DR 5spd; 2016 GMC Canyon 2.8DuraMAX
They'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands.:eek:

It's going back in immediately after I get the fix and the cash.:D

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door
^haha, hope it all worked out... I may have tried the fix and cast if I had had a 4 door... and if the EGR had not fallen off the car... I was afraid if I brought that up I might get ------ out of either cash or buyback... Now I miss it. :(

E2TK

TDI
Seat Leon 5F 1.6 TDI FR
Hi
I have a 1.6 liter TDI Seat Leon 5F and my engine code is CLH.
I want upgrade to CP3 HPFP. Which model should I buy?

My CP4 HPFP

E2TK

TDI
Seat Leon 5F 1.6 TDI FR
You are better off contacting them at

https://www.facebook.com/darksidedevelopments/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for reply I see today they websites this kit, but Im living in Turkey. if I buy this kit, I must pay many taxes,shipping cost and also I can produce mechanic parts. I need only which model I must use cp4

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co...for-mk7-platform-2-0-common-rail-engines.html

I ask my local diesel pumpe repair services. They recommend this CP4

I think the recommended pump is too big

Last edited:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
These instructions say nothing about a remap which my local tuner says is necessary....or would that only be required if you're tuned?
My MK7 needed no tune update.
I'd ask a different tuner, was under the impression that the Mk6 was similar. Not sure which gen car you have.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
No tuning needed. Just drop it in and go. I am on my 2nd CP3. First one was in my 2011 JSW that ran flawlessly then rear ended at 300k miles. Now I have 2014 JSW.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Yup! I am so grateful that I moved the heck outta of Commieifornia. I was born and raised from 1979-2000 and couldn’t stand living there anymore. It was awesome in 1980’s. Sad.... I am living in Florida. No emissions. Not worried about dpf delete and tune and cp3 down the road.

Whereabouts in Central Florida? I lived for a few months in Melbourne Beach (and still have family there). And you have me beat leaving CA by 14 years, though we were apparently born the same year.

No emissions here in Texas either, though I'm anxiously awaiting moving my CP3 from my 2010 to my 2013 JSW, so I can sell the 2010 and be done with it.