Misfire detected P0302 after cleaning clogged turbo

makos101

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 ALH Black 2003 Jetta
Did you ever do a compression test on this thing?
Update 3/29

I tried a compression test. But I think the compression tester is broken so Im taking it back swapping it for another one at harbor freight.

The tester wouldn't go over 100 psi on any cylinder.

Here is a video of the tester not going over 100psi https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crfg0_l8quQ

It doesn't seem like a hard process. Car was warmed up. Removed all glow plugs. Disconnected my injector pump. Found the adapter that fit in the glow plug slot and turned it in mostly by hand. PSI wouldn't build at all. I hope it doesn't mean there is something seriously wrong with the engine. I should have another tester to test tonight.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Have you looked at the intercooler connections. A 22mm combination wrench will come in handy if you ever have to change the tie rod ends.

makos101

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 ALH Black 2003 Jetta
Have you looked at the intercooler connections. A 22mm combination wrench will come in handy if you ever have to change the tie rod ends.
The harbor freight compression tester that I got the first time was missing the valves on the glow plug screw in adapters. The second one worked.

My compression's were 550, 500, 525, 525. cylinders 1-4.

All my inter cooler pipes seem to be intact and connected. I just took off the lower inter cooler pipe to make sure.

Any other suggestions on why my engine isnt getting the air it needs?

Im pretty stumped. Thanks for any help.

ecodean

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf, 85 jetta(sold), 03 jetta(sold)
Just a random thought. does your car still have the snow screen in the intake tube? Maybe it's clogged.

makos101

Veteran Member
TDI
A4 ALH Black 2003 Jetta
Just a random thought. does your car still have the snow screen in the intake tube? Maybe it's clogged.
Good thought but I cleaned it a few weeks ago. Thanks for the suggestion.