View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2019, 16:17   #19
alaskax

Fuel Economy: 43

I see how you can interpret the hydraulic system as a closed system, since fluid can flow from brake system to clutch system, and nothing from the outside world can enter/escape. But I would think it should be interpreted as a "passive" closed system, rather than "active" from the standpoint that you could completely block the brake fluid flow to/from the brake master and the clutch hydraulics would not know the difference, and vice versa. In that sense I consider them "independent"... one does not rely on the other.

But to your point BobnOH, "the objective is to expel all the air". Yes, but correct me if I'm wrong, but again based on the design, air in the brake system cannot enter the clutch system, and vice versa. The only "connection" they have is in the common fluid reservoir, and air from either system would only be able to get to the other system by bubbling up into the reservoir, and THAT unlikely air should just stay in the reservoir. Of course it goes without saying that everything needs to be purged.

Well I just ordered a Motive Products power bleeder so I will power bleed/flush the entire clutch/brake system again using that tool (linked below), then vacuum it again as well. I'm also going to block the slave (which I have already done) and try to carefully determine if there is any air in the system.

https://www.amazon.com/Motive-Produc...s%2C166&sr=8-2
2015 Golf TDI DSG hatchback for me

Last edited by alaskax; September 21st, 2019 at 16:29.
alaskax is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06558 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.21 Kb. compressed to 14.52 Kb. by saving 1.69 Kb. (10.44%)]