Corvette Owner, but TDI Lover

JKbride

TDI
2003 Beetle GLS
I have been into Performace Car's my whole life. I own a C6 Corvette Convertible and all my Corvette friends are always razzing me about my Bug.

The other day, while in a group I told everyone that my Corvette was my Mistress but my Bug was my "True Love" :D . Years from now the Vette may be gone, but the bug will still be part of the family.

I told them, what many of you already know....that it was best car I have ever owned! Now, one of them has purchased a TDI Jetta.

Resistance is futile.

John

pknopp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
Years ago at a car show I saw a diesel Corvette.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
My SS(2010 Camaro) is my lover...My TDI is my daily screw.

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
I still look forward to driving my Tdi everyday. i love it. i would also love to have a Camaro or Vette. But not for everyday driving.

Power_Not_Speed

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
My TDI is like the dutiful wife who I can depend on to take the grandkids shopping, have dinner ready and make sure the bills are paid on time. She manages to console me after the torrid affairs with my Alfa mistresses end with them slapping my face, stealing my wallet, dumping me in a ditch and running off laughing.

TDI tries to show me the virtues of reliability and trustworthiness and plain though efficient packaging but the wild shrieks of the Alfa's V6 and the siren song of the Weber-carbureted fours seduce me to wash yet again upon the rocks of financial ruin.

You can probably guess which one I will grow old with. But still sits outside in the rain.

TDI Space-Coaster

TDI
2012 Golf TDI DSG,NAV,SR,TECH
For what it's worth, I sold my 05 C6 before I bought my GolfTDI.
The vette was my sixth in my lifetime and I loved every one of them.
The C6 was the best of the ones I've owned, and yet for me, it didn't serve the purpose of a daily driver or a traveling vehicle. That's just me!
When I retired last year I decided to get a small, economical, practical, and fun to drive car, and the Golf TDI filled the bill for me. :)
Will I get another vette? :confused:
I'd like to find a clean and well maintained C4 or C5 to mess with once in awhile, although It would probably spend most of its time in the garage next to the Silverado which, now that I have the Golf, only comes out to pull the boat to the ramp. ;)

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
For what it's worth, I sold my 05 C6 before I bought my GolfTDI.
The vette was my sixth in my lifetime and I loved every one of them.
The C6 was the best of the ones I've owned, and yet for me, it didn't serve the purpose of a daily driver or a traveling vehicle. That's just me!
When I retired last year I decided to get a small, economical, practical, and fun to drive car, and the Golf TDI filled the bill for me. :)
Will I get another vette? :confused:
I'd like to find a clean and well maintained C4 or C5 to mess with once in awhile, although It would probably spend most of its time in the garage next to the Silverado which, now that I have the Golf, only comes out to pull the boat to the ramp. ;)
My Silverado sits outside. My Camaro sits pretty inside. My Golf sits outside and does it's job well. Dont drive my truck as much as I used to because at 1.37/liter in Toronto today the fill ups are BIG. but I wont trade it for anything. Just love having a truck when I need one.....somethin bout a chevy truck.....

treiz

TDI
looking at Golf TDI
Funny, I'm thinking about going the other way, trading my BMW for the TDI and getting the 'vette later, Z06 for me though I think.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
I miss my C2 roadster every time someone mentions that WORD (Corvette).

Even though I have two TDI's, a CTS Cadillac (NOT CTS-V:(), and a 2002 Dodge P/U (gashog), the old Vette is my best memory. If I had a spare $70K laying around that the wife didn't know about, I probably could revisit that old friend.

ruking

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 VW Jetta, 5 M, Reflex Silver: 09 Jetta, 6 Sp DSG, Candy White: 12 VW Touareg, 8 Sp A/T, Flint Gray
I am an 11 year owner of a 01 Z06 Corvette. Maybe not in my lifetime, but if Chevrolet went to a turbo diesel V6 or V8, that would be a radically good thing for longer distances touring.

RNDDUDE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
My TDI is like the dutiful wife who I can depend on to take the grandkids shopping, have dinner ready and make sure the bills are paid on time. She manages to console me after the torrid affairs with my Alfa mistresses end with them slapping my face, stealing my wallet, dumping me in a ditch and running off laughing.

TDI tries to show me the virtues of reliability and trustworthiness and plain though efficient packaging but the wild shrieks of the Alfa's V6 and the siren song of the Weber-carbureted fours seduce me to wash yet again upon the rocks of financial ruin.

You can probably guess which one I will grow old with. But still sits outside in the rain.
Wow, you are living my life. When people ask me why I got rid of the Alfa Spider, I tell them it was like having an Italian mistress....beautiful looking, great fun to ride, but was extremely high-maintenance, tempermental, and likely to leave you alone and crying on the side of the road. Just to much work for the pleasure derived.

BadMonKey

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Focus ST
Humm; a analogy for my 63 impala and 29 model A roadster:confused: I'm not sure i want to go the cougar or grandma route.

El Dobro

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Bolt EV Premier, 2023 Bolt EUV Premier
Down through time, I had a '65 Coupe, 2 '69 Coupes ( a small block and a big block), a '71 Coupe and a '95 Coupe. The problem with me was that I had less and less time to play with them.