View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2009, 17:58   #51
PD Golf

TDI(s): 2005 VW Golf

Minimal gains, if any at all. With my car anyways. I noticed more noise than anything, which was not a bad thing. The car is not loud at all without a muffler. The Youtube videos are pretty accurate. I cut my exhaust just behind the over-the-axle pipe. Wielded in a 2.25 or 2.5" galvanized steel pipe form Advanced Auto Parts. Then, of course, added a tasteful tip, only to turn down the exhaust. It looks nice. The tip is barley visible.

With my mufflerectomy and down pipe combined, I definitely noticed a consistent gain in mpg. City and hwy.

The performance gain was still really not noticeable. I only did the straight through exhaust to help lower EGT's in preparation for a tune.

I do love how may car sounds. The little turbo on my PD is very vocal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sootyou
I have a 01 Golf 5 speed.would adding sprint 520 and removing my muffler help in performance? I don't think I ready to chip just yet. Thanks
05 Golf, RC1+, Kerma Ugly Downpipe, mufflerectomy, vented fender liner, ventectomy, Frostheater, ScangaugeII, New South Performance EGT/Boost gauges, Air Lift rear air spring bags, Hopkins brake controller (for the 1,200lbs pop-up camper)
PD Golf is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06188 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.98 Kb. compressed to 14.37 Kb. by saving 1.62 Kb. (10.12%)]