New TDI Emissions Fix?

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
2022 Polestar 2 BEV - Current, 2021 Q5 55e PHEV - Retired, 2015 Q5 3.0 TDI - Retired, 2013 Golf TDI - Retired
Hey guys,

My vehicle is a 2015 Q5 TDI and it has had the fix on it since like 2/19/18 w/ 42,705 on the clock. It looks like they're doing some sort of phase 2 where they replace the DPF, move the oxygen sensor, and then replace a DOC, and they are doing another software update.... I wanted to share this with everyone ( I just went stage 2 malone... hahaha... I guess for a brand new DPF... I'll do it ... good thing i got a flashzilla 3 .... hahahaha )... but I hadn't seen this one listed anywhere. I am attaching an image for reference........

Has anyone heard of this one specifically / done it?

Thanks!

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
I just read somewhere that Audi is coming under scrutiny due to newfound info on coverups.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Not anything new at all. There is a part 2b so to speak that needs to be done at a certain mileage. Evidently you are due now.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
2022 Polestar 2 BEV - Current, 2021 Q5 55e PHEV - Retired, 2015 Q5 3.0 TDI - Retired, 2013 Golf TDI - Retired
Ok. Thanks. I guess my bad... I thought this was already completed, but i guess not.( I've only had the vehicle a short time, and have been doing reading... but i must have missed this )

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Hey guys,

My vehicle is a 2015 Q5 TDI and it has had the fix on it since like 2/19/18 w/ 42,705 on the clock. It looks like they're doing some sort of phase 2 where they replace the DPF, move the oxygen sensor, and then replace a DOC, and they are doing another software update.... I wanted to share this with everyone ( I just went stage 2 malone... hahaha... I guess for a brand new DPF... I'll do it ... good thing i got a flashzilla 3 .... hahahaha )... but I hadn't seen this one listed anywhere. I am attaching an image for reference........

Has anyone heard of this one specifically / done it?

Thanks!

Would it be possible to post this a bit larger, I can hardly see the posting.:confused:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
At least it isn't blowing the margins out on my desktop machine. 800x600 is a good picture posting size by default. If you actually need a bigger pic post a clickable thumbnail or small picture that links to the larger high rez pic. Then you don't blow the page margins out and those that want can get the high rez pic if needed. This forum software is old and won't resize automatically like some do. Thread is probably dead anyway as this isn't really new news to anyone that has been here any length of time.

Daemon64

Veteran Member
TDI
I apologize for the big image. Its the first Image I've posted on the site, and used the image function, and don't know the correct posting code to do what you ask.

But besides this, a few other Q5 owners also think this is newer in the forums... this is a correction for those who have had the emissions modifications done... as they are completely replacing the DPF, moving the location of the oxygen sensor and installed a new DOC.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Use another site like I do like imgur and they have all this kind of resizing already built in. You can post the original or a smaller size or a clickable thumbnail. Check them out. I like using our server but this software is old and it is easier to do at imgur where I keep pics anyway. Free as well.

You can down size the image size using any image editor (windows has some) and reduce it to 800x600. Then post it like you did this big one. Go back and edit your post if you want and delete the link to the big one and post the link to the downsized one instead. That is the manual method.