Best dual egt/boost gauge setup

chiro05

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I really don't like any of the options for the MK5 gauge pod placement, so I am looking a dual egt/boost gauge so I will only have 1 gauge and not 2 separate gauges. Any reasonable options out there?

Bambaataa

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta BRM 6MT; '15 Golf Sportwagen TDI GSW
Here's what my setup looks like...
I was looking for a single gauge pod myself until i found this.
Third picture is my actual car...

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
I prefer analog gauges as you can see them with your peripheral vision as your eyes are tuned for detecting movement.

Lasse.s

TDI
Audi A4 Avant 2.5 TDI (B7)
Polar FIS + enabled viewing vehicle parameters in the FIS screen, but Polar FIS Advanced, as well as incorporating more parameters, includes new features like the ability to modify the number of flashes of intermittent comfort indicators, function automatic lowering of the mirror on the passenger side when engaging reverse and some functions which are can only be activated with Diagnostic cable such as VCDS.

993cc

Veteran Member
Ottawa ON, Canada; Paul Smith's, NY, USA; Amherst
TDI
2003 Jetta Tdi Wagon, Bought September 2009 with 60,000 Km on the clock. Died September 2013, at 142,000 km. in a collision with a moose. 2006 MklV BEW Jetta wagon Bought October 2013, 136,000 Km.

chiro05

Veteran Member
TDI
none
Bambaataa, I really like that setup and saw that in another picture. Where did you get that pod?

Bambaataa

Veteran Member
TDI
I ordered it from some guy in Germany. Cant remember his details off the top of my head but i can dig up the receipt for the purchase over the weekend to get you that info info you need it.

Bambaataa

Veteran Member
TDI
The pod is what came in from Germany. The gauges are Autometer Cobalt series gauges (boost + EGT).
Installation was pretty straightforward. Had to carefully (I have pillar airbags)pull the A-pillar cover to route the wires through.