What to expect?

imperium

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
Ok, I was not going to be able to make it to Fest but my car decided it is NOT going to go along with my former plans so I am now free to attend. Hey, when Fest is in your backyard, it would be heresy to not attend, right? :D

Anyhow, one of my best friends is looking to maybe buy a TDI and I am trying to talk him into coming with me to Fest. The issue is he wants to know what to expect. I have only been to GTGs, never an actual TDI Fest so I can not answer his question. He is very shy so I guess he is worried about being bored or feeling awkward and I have only met some of you in person so I can't really reassure him.

Advice on what to tell him so I can convince him to come out? Trying something new AND social when you are shy is hard so I need some serious selling points.

a happy happy Joy Joy with a sad sad TDI that better be happy now that I am finally coming through on my promise to get her to a Fest

arne487

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf TDI, '10 TDI Cup Jetta
This is my first Fest as well, but if you show him the agenda, there is a lot of opportunity to stand back and watch presentations, demonstrations, the movie, etc. Of course, he would be able to come and go as he wishes.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Joy, tell him not to worry about being bored. There will be plenty to do. I'd recommend coming to the Banquet on Sunday... that's definitely not boring and there will be good food. If he's bored by technical discussions, then you might want to skip the Saturday Brunch. If not, then be sure to attend the Brunch.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
It'll be good to see you again.
If attending a fest and hearing the TDI horror stories doesn't set him running and screaming straight to a Toyota dealer, then all is well.

LiLredTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta tdi pd-1989 Jetta IDI-1994 F-250 IDI Turbo
imperium said:
Ok, I was not going to be able to make it to Fest but my car decided it is NOT going to go along with my former plans so I am now free to attend. Hey, when Fest is in your backyard, it would be heresy to not attend, right? :D

Anyhow, one of my best friends is looking to maybe buy a TDI and I am trying to talk him into coming with me to Fest. The issue is he wants to know what to expect. I have only been to GTGs, never an actual TDI Fest so I can not answer his question. He is very shy so I guess he is worried about being bored or feeling awkward and I have only met some of you in person so I can't really reassure him.

Advice on what to tell him so I can convince him to come out? Trying something new AND social when you are shy is hard so I need some serious selling points.

a happy happy Joy Joy with a sad sad TDI that better be happy now that I am finally coming through on my promise to get her to a Fest
There will even be new TDI's to test drive on Sat and Sun from 11-3.