View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2007, 18:34   #66
beachkokopelli
Veteran Member

Default Just a humble idea

Just an idea, but 2 months or so prior to the ETD, everyone meet up at their local GTG to discuss route plans, phone #'s, fuel stops etc. One or two people are nominated to be the lead driver/ car for that group.

6-8 weeks prior to ETD, all the leads from ALL cities and States then discuss meeting points along the main routes.

4 weeks prior to ETD, final meet at your local GTG to discuss final arrangements, who's staying where etc.

On the day, the front leads should have the best police scanners and GPS's that money can buy. The vehicle at the back of that group has the phone number for the front car of that group and basic tools for basic breakdowns, spare fuel canister/ oil incase anyone from their own group breaks down. The rear car of any group should also have a good police scanner, the phone numbers for the leads of any other groups that will be along that route incase of accidents - hopefully non of our own - traffic jams, road works, breakdowns etc.

Also, with the amount of tolls on those roads, I guess we should start looking into EZpass, for those that don't have one already. I'm in Baltimore, count me in. From what I've read so far, looks like meetings on the outskirts of Richmond. DC. Baltimore. Philly. NY. Albany. and then meet on mass at Champlain.

Anyway, just my thoughts.
beachkokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08863 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.46 Kb. compressed to 13.96 Kb. by saving 1.49 Kb. (9.66%)]