Cost or TDI oil change?

VWMark

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6M RIP, 2015 GSW SE TDI 6M, 2015 Q7 TDI
For those of you that do not do your own service, what is the going rate of an oil change at the dealer? I am approaching 5000 miles and want to know what to expect. Please don't tell me to do it myself! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
About $60 using the Castrol Syntec 5w40.

The $30 oil change is using Castrol GTX 5w30. YOu want the $60 one.

This should make it slightly more affordable

BawlsyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, someday a getta, 2001, baltic green
Do it yourself /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Any real reason you can't/won't do it yourself? Can you find a forum member in the area who can help you out?

ruking

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 VW Jetta, 5 M, Reflex Silver: 09 Jetta, 6 Sp DSG, Candy White: 12 VW Touareg, 8 Sp A/T, Flint Gray
[ QUOTE ]
VWMark said:
For those of you that do not do your own service, what is the going rate of an oil change at the dealer? I am approaching 5000 miles and want to know what to expect. Please don't tell me to do it myself! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't do it yourself! /images/graemlins/grin.gif But whatever you do at the dealer, be ABSOLUTELY sure that they put in the correct synthetic diesel oil (CI-4) and unless you have it well thought out on deviations, the 5W-40. Depending on a lot of factors, the prices I were quoted ranged from 62-72 dollars.

If you have a so inclined dealer you can buy the oil and see if he will charge you shop time and or disposal fees (10-20 dollars) If you provide say a premium oil like Delvac One @ 5 dollars per qt x 4= 20 and an oil filter @ 6.-6.50. I hope this helps /images/graemlins/eek.gif

MilenP

Veteran Member
Buy 1 galon of Delvac 1 (you could get it for about $20 + taxes), get a cupon from vw.com for $24.99 for oil change. Same cupons, I keep getting from a couple of the dealers here in the area. Than ask the dealer to put your own oil and give you the oil the would've put in the car. If you have another car, use the dealer oil in it. I had done it at least 3 times, when I did not have a garage and I had to change the oil in the winter. Most of the times, the oil is pretty good for a gaser.
Hope this helps,
Milen

Blackknight

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Man, I would never trust a dealer to work on my baby.

You can do the job yourself for 30 bucks. Get a gallon of oil and an oil filter. It should take you about 30 minutes, maybe, to change it.