2013 Jetta low beam headlights

In the Red

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Wagon
Have one bulb out. Not with car now its a friends. Any recommendations as far as brand and or type? Probably going to replace both sides at same time

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Stay with oem bulbs. "Sylvania" brand. You want better bulbs or long life then look for H7LL (I believe its correct bulb type if my memory serves me correct)

viper550

TDI
14 JSW 6M, 15 Q5 TDI S-Line
Have one bulb out. Not with car now its a friends. Any recommendations as far as brand and or type? Probably going to replace both sides at same time
I have personally had bad experiences with Sylvania especially silver star ultra. I have been very happy with Philips they have good life and are bright. If you want further down road visibility go with philips xtreme vision. If you want very white light go with philips crystal vision ultra. I've used both and they last a long time and I drive a lot at night.
When I used silver star ultra they would only last me a month and a half if I was lucky, and at $50 a pair that got expensive:eek:. The crystal vision lasted me about 2 years and they are cheaper, although not quite as bright.
I always replace both sides at same time.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I've had silverstar ultras in the low beams for six months. So far, so good. I also only paid $25 for a pair. I don't mind sacrificing some longevity for the extra light.

piper109

Veteran Member
I find that Osram Night Breaker Unlimited H7 bulbs are hard to beat. 2-3 years. Wont use any others now. Make sure package says "Made in Germany"

viper550

TDI
14 JSW 6M, 15 Q5 TDI S-Line
I find that Osram Night Breaker Unlimited H7 bulbs are hard to beat. 2-3 years. Wont use any others now. Make sure package says "Made in Germany"
Yes I found that most important is that the bulbs are made in Germany