MB GLK 2.2 Diesel for NA in 2012

cptmox

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Jetta GLS, Silver 5-spd
Yeah, diesel is more expensive than RUG. What Mercedes engine uses RUG? I can't say 100% for certain, but I think they all run on PUG. PUG and diesel have been pretty close in price in recent memory.

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
Yeah, diesel is more expensive than RUG. What Mercedes engine uses RUG? I can't say 100% for certain, but I think they all run on PUG. PUG and diesel have been pretty close in price in recent memory.
I'm visiting CO this week. RUG is $2.59 and D2 is $3.25. I haven't checked PUG. I'm sure there are other places where the disparity negates the diesel advantage.

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
Nice that they will have a C-class diesel available with the new model. If MB can keep reliability high as they have done with some C-class models, and keep entry prices low enough, it would be a fair investment to buy a $35,000 sedan that will last 20 years instead of a $25,000 sedan that might wear out after just 10. Lots of newer MB cars have not had that reputation for longevity like their older cars . . .

Oberkanone

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Jetta TDI Premium manual "gone"
2.2L MB diesel is being installed in the Patriot for export sales only. Jeep Patriot, hmmm.
Hey FIAT, sell the 2.2 D Patriot in U.S.A.!

MrMopar

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none
2.2L MB diesel is being installed in the Patriot for export sales only. Jeep Patriot, hmmm.
Hey FIAT, sell the 2.2 D Patriot in U.S.A.!
It makes you want to bribe one of the line workers in Belvidere to slip that engine into a USA VIN Patriot for your order, right?