View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2017, 09:32   #42
Cptcrnch
Veteran Member

Just a little update -

Coming up on 10k miles with the car and 5k miles with the Malone Stage 1.5 tune. I've had no issues with the tune during daily driving. It's livened up the car and makes it a hoot to drive around town while still getting 43mpg avg around town. The only thing I've noticed is occasionally the clutch will slip in 5th gear when on the highway when I need WOT. It only happens in 5th and given the the tune is right at the clutch's threshold it's not worrisome. I need to teach my wife to drive a manual trans so maybe I'll get a new clutch out of that lol. But until it gets worse I'm sticking with the OEM DMF setup. When it comes time to replace it I plan on BFI lightened SMF and VR6 228mm clutch setup.

It's been cold here (right at freezing) the last several days. The car takes a little bit of additional cranking but fires up with no issue. I've had no problems with building and retaining heat in the motor - this is probably due to the Panzer Plate, FMJ, and dynamic EGR. Depending on how it does this winter I may plan for a winter front and Frost Heater for next winter. But right now it's not an issue.

The other little project I'd like to complete at the end of the winter (no sense in doing it now) is rehabbing these wheels. I like the 15" OEM Monterey wheels and they aren't in bad shape - just some minor curb rash. At the end of the winter I'll probably sand them down and hit them with Plastidip Black Sapphire for a cheap but effective wheel rehab (along with new center caps and lug caps which are missing) until I can get a professional refinishing.

Last edited by Cptcrnch; December 11th, 2017 at 20:55.
Cptcrnch is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06498 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.24 Kb. compressed to 14.55 Kb. by saving 1.69 Kb. (10.43%)]