Why the heck can't I find bio blends in Edmonton?

Madorski

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 GSW 6MT
Seriously! They even extended the producers credit to 2016 and added an additional $56 million to it!

The only luck I've had talking to anyone is 4Refuel, but they only sell their splash-blended B5 to CN for the trains...

Anyone got any suggestions as to retail distributors in Northern Alberta?

sqdude

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
I don't remember the details, but I heard within the last 6 months that the Canadian Gov passed a law that directly or indirectly killed every bio pump in the country. Not sure if it was a storage tank issue like California, or a production thing...you might try contacting other bio producers in other areas and see if they're still producing/retailing and if there have been any fundamental changes recently.

Madorski

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 GSW 6MT
The funny thing is that there are two large-scale bio refinery projects in Alberta, both within about an hour of me.

There are vendors in southern Alberta, Sask, and BC, yet Northern Alberta, there is not a single retail pump!

jek

Veteran Member
TDI
97 Passat, 05 Passat
B/c the government doesnt want to help u or the economy, they would rather fund terrorist nations. sorry for the rant, just getting pissed at high fuel prices when we can make our own in the states!

Dieselfitter

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW TDI with DSG
B5 in Edmonton Alberta, spring and summer only !

I have been informed that as of April 2011, Shell is B5 , but only in the Edmonton Area. Back to D100 for fall and winter. This is from an E-mail they sent me.

Madorski

Veteran Member
TDI
'11 GSW 6MT
Good to know. I typically run Husky but perhaps I will try the J in Sherwood Park or give the Bluewave cardlock a call.

Thanks for the heads up!