TD tuning

Guz15

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta
you will definetly be satisfied! i am! not only with the tune :D :eek: but his level of customer service. 2 thumbs up!

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Saw you leaving the hotel this late morning. Was gonna run and catch you to ask about your tune but I was exhausted lol...

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
Sorry to reply so late. I am on a flight back from Austin and finally have time.

Wow! What a drive back to Sea! I am afraid that I was just a wee bit aggressive driving back. Yeah right.

I am only concerned about one thing. I was boosting up to 25 on my 15. Not sustained though.

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Sorry to reply so late. I am on a flight back from Austin and finally have time.

Wow! What a drive back to Sea! I am afraid that I was just a wee bit aggressive driving back. Yeah right.

I am only concerned about one thing. I was boosting up to 25 on my 15. Not sustained though.
Check the actuator with a mityvac and make sure it starts to move with about 4-5inhg applied. If that checks out, run a log of channel 011 in 4th gear from about 1800 rpm on up. You can get with Mike to smooth out that spike. I'm a boostvalve hater myself (bandaid solution), but many seem to love them on VNT-15's :confused:

However, install the nozzles and adjust IQ first as changing the fueling will have a big effect on boost response!

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Thanks for the tips.

Keep in mind that I have an auto tran. Hmmm I need to update my sig don't I?
Oh, hmm, those spike more from what I've heard. Maybe PM Mike about it and see what could be done... BTW, I'm gonna go on the record and say EWWW :p

bugget

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI GLS 2000
Hey D! It was good getting to talk to you at the fest! I was exhausted by the end of the banquet and just sort of disappeared but it was super fun!

Anyways when my car was still an auto I was advised to use a boost valve because it was an automatic despite it being a mild tune. Its pretty cheap insurance though I bet Mike can get the spikes to go away :D

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
I hear ya about being tired. However, the spirited drive home rejuvenated me.

I am going to be honest here. I like exactly how my baby performs now. Even though I cognitively know I need to reign it in and make things right. I would not change anything.

Ok so I got that out. Let the logic seep in so I can do the right thing.

I need my hardware to last here.

Uh oh. Is this that thing that you all have been warning is about?

I feel like I have a Devil on one shoulder and an Angel on the other.

It an epic battle and something tells me that it has only just started.....

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI

Well, that sucks. I didn't see anything like that in the logs, but it's hard to test it under every single condition. If it continues, let me know. And yes, autos always spike more as the gear changes are rather abrupt.

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
Does that really suck? They are just spikes when I really get on it. Usually when I am at highway speed and want to get by left lane speed matchers.

I just got my VCDS and am going to run some logs as soon as I learn how. I am flying out of town again this week. So its going to have to wait again.