Clinton sets new diesel emissions standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mickey

I hope so. We need low sulphur fuel or diesels are dead in the U.S.

How long do you think it'll take Bush to rescind that new rule, though? About 5 minutes?

-mickey

think diesel

Veteran Member
Why is it that some people don't seem to understand that laws regulating the quality of diesel fuel and the level of emissions are a GOOD thing?

Government regulation does not automatically = BAD

That sort of knee jerk reaction is idiotic.

Would you prefer it if they still sold leaded gasoline? How about some DDT on your produce?

You don't mind of your kids drink water contaminated with heavy metals that will cause brain damage, do you? No of course you don't mind. ANYTHING is better than goverment regulation, right?

Cleaner diesel fuel is a win-win situation for TDI drivers. This is a good thing. Do a littl research into the story and try to check your anti-government revolutionary values at the door for 5 minutes and learn something.

------------------
1999 New Jetta GL TDI
Atlantic Blue/Gray studio

Mein auto wurde von den stolzen arbeitern der Fabrik Volkswagen in Puebla, Mexiko aufgebaut.

Torque!

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 MK4 Jetta TDI - 196K
I wish New Hampshire would get with the rest of NE. I don't feel safe anymore. There will be some *****ing but this is good in the long run. The US will be more diesel freindly.

So if you don't think presidents should legislate why did you send a letter to the moron elect?

I can almost sence the lock coming on.

------------------
2001 Silver Jetta TDI GLS Auto
Cold Weather, Leather, Sunroof
(RIP 76' 330K Toyota Corona)

Kermit

TDI
5 Golf TDI's
If you look at things on a base level, we all live in one big fishbowl. It is a big one, but it is still of limited size and limited capability to absorb pollution. Cleaner diesel needs to happen, it is the right thing to do.

Fuel prices will rise, but not substantially. Who knows how many big rigs there are on the road, but each one represents a job, several jobs. Either the regulation will be scrapped, or the cost increase will be minimized. Either way, the economics of transportation will not be changed that dramatically. Use your voice to lobby for the right thing to do. Continued pollution can not be the right way.

Hopefully, a more efficient refining process will allow everyone to win.

Oil_Burner

Veteran Member
I already sent a letter to President Bush asking him to overturn ALL of Comrade Chairman Klinton's presidential orders! We need LESS government, NOT more! Presidents AREN'T supposed to legislate, congress is!

"Live free or die"

New Hampshire!

Status
Not open for further replies.