Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

St.Hubbins

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf, DSG / '11 A3, DSG (both went buyback) - '15 GSW SE
price hike

what the hell - B20 has always been slightly cheaper here in TN than D2... all of a sudden it's jumped from around 2.70 to 3.70!!
anyone else? i cant find a thing about it on the web - seems like such a huge hike would turn up a story or two ?

atc98002

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium (sold back), 2009 Jetta (sold back), 80 Rabbit diesel (long gone)
It has always been higher in my area. One station was consistently between $1-2 more per gallon. This was B-99, and I doubt they sold much as they converted the pumps to straight D2. Since virtually all diesel in my state is at least B2, I feel good about the lubricity of the fuel.

Since I don't have anything at this time that will burn high % of Bio, I haven't paid too much attention lately.

alloztome

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Green Jetta tdi RIP 2001 Silver Golf GLS
This Thread Needs Updating.

The only station listed is Santas in New Haven with a contact that will set up a Fleet account for you. I called and was told commercial only-no sales to the public so that's out.

I found this which lists Zlotnick's 187 Willamantic Rd Chaplin, CT 06235. It's about an hour from me and offers B20. I want to run a tank through my Golf's IP, see how it does. There is a station in Westfield, MA which is also an hour from me so I get to choose.

Check out the map

http://www.biodiesel.org/using-biodiesel/finding-biodiesel/retail-locations/retail-map#map

Tom Servo

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Gol TDI, blue and falling apart
I don't trust that website. The only station it shows within 50 miles of me is a Loves, and there are no biodiesel stickers on the car diesel pumps. Meanwhile, several area Walmart Murphy USA locations here have B 5 stickers but they're not on any lists.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

alloztome

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Green Jetta tdi RIP 2001 Silver Golf GLS
I don't trust that website. The only station it shows within 50 miles of me is a Loves, and there are no biodiesel stickers on the car diesel pumps. Meanwhile, several area Walmart Murphy USA locations here have B 5 stickers but they're not on any lists.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The site is as good as any, they don't go looking for bio stations, the businesses have to contact them to be added-apparently many do not, nor do they update since when I began calling stations listed there and on other sites I got a dairy, law office and private home. :(

This thread is 9 years old, I called the place listed nearest to me a second time. The contact person no longer works there and I was told that their agreement with the Fire Marshall only allowed commercial sales. I've seen a twin to my Golf with a "powered by Bio" sticker but it was clearly a salesman's car.

I have spent about 4 hours searching sites and calling #'s. None of the retail sellers on any of the sites are still in business. One listing was for an Advanced Auto Parts store that no longer sells the home brew a customer made, not that I would run it in my car anyway.
Taylor in Portland (and a few other states) asked how much I want and said someone will call me back if they can help.

Last edited:

jimmyvegas

TDI
02 Jettaswagen
Anyone have any updates for the Denver,CO area?

The only one Ive been able to find any at is in Commerce City and its B20. Which is great but its a 20 minute drive from where I am in Denver.

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
Anyone have any updates for the Denver,CO area?

The only one Ive been able to find any at is in Commerce City and its B20. Which is great but its a 20 minute drive from where I am in Denver.
In denver, your best bet is to check in with these folks: http://denverbiodiesel.com/

I purchased from them on a road trip once.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
T. H. Malloy in Cumberland, RI still has B20, B50 and B99* at the pump. B99* was $2.799 earlier this week (May 2015). B20 and B50 were more expensive per gallon.
They've gone to their summer hours, though so 6 am to 5:30 PM Mon-Fri only, no Saturday hours.

* Their service manager admitted that there wasn't anywhere near to 1% petro added, ("B99.999" he said) but that it had to be labelled as B99 for legal reasons and so that it can't be construed as food grade.

conejo_a_cuatro

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS Silver, 2011 JSW Manual - Bought Back. Now 328d Wagon.
Moyer plumbing and heating no longer offers bio. I don't think there's anywhere in Mid to East PA that does. Should be removed.

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
Upgrading listing:
HOUSTON BIODIESEL.
Off 20th, between T.C. Jester and Durham/Shepperd(just inside the loop)

Bought as much legal BIO % that law accepts, paid $2.29 put in 17.3 gallons
(take THAT, you sedans... lol)
Have bought here since they opened, nary a problem!

Houston Biodiesel
1138 W 20th Street
Houston, TX 77008
Phone: 713/222-0832

iamatt

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 6 Speed manual
Upgrading listing:
HOUSTON BIODIESEL.
Off 20th, between T.C. Jester and Durham/Shepperd(just inside the loop)

Bought as much legal BIO % that law accepts, paid $2.29 put in 17.3 gallons
(take THAT, you sedans... lol)
Have bought here since they opened, nary a problem!

Houston Biodiesel
1138 W 20th Street
Houston, TX 77008
Phone: 713/222-0832

Hey BikeProf! Yeah I have been purchasing from Chris for almost 10 years. Never had a problem. 38K miles on my cr 2.0 with B50-B80. Homefry who runs your card can be a little slow.. or maybe baked but it's all good, he always has fuel to sell!

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Stopped at Bursaw in Acton, MA to fuel up and they no longer have biodiesel.

jerryfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS sedan @295K, 99 Jetta sedan 275k,. 2015 tdi sedan, 105k
just wanted to mention here that our company (Simple Fuels Biodiesel) delivers B99 (b90 sometimes in winter) to most of norcal. we were mostly foothills/sac/bay area but took over a bunch of orphaned yokayo and blue sky customers so we go all the way up to humboldt.

call terri at 530 993 6000 if you are interested in a delivery, you can also PM me but im not on this site every day

Last edited:

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
T. H. Malloy didn't have B99 2 weeks ago... cold seasonal issues I presume.
So I went straight to the source (Newport Biodiesel). 105 gallons for under $2 per gallon.

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
T. H. Malloy didn't have B99 2 weeks ago... cold seasonal issues I presume.
So I went straight to the source (Newport Biodiesel). 105 gallons for under $2 per gallon.
That is an amazing price. Here in CA, we can't seem to get biodiesel for less than $3-$4/gallon.

TehRabbitt

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
wanted to add for NJ: Woolley Fuel in Maplewood

http://www.woolleyfuel.com/

they have B5 through B30 (higher blends by request).

They do have public pumps (and allegedly the ONLY public pump in NJ).

Also, they have Diesel 2.

Finding the pumps is a bit tough as they're tucked away under a little shed-like enclosure inside a parking lot off the main road. while I was there there were several local landscaping trucks waiting to fill up. Volume seems good as they primarily focus on "bulk sales" by the truck and home heating fuel.

I just filled up there today, very nice people and it's a "serve yourself" type of place where you pull up to a pump of your choosing (which blend you want etc) and just pump... you go inside the office after you fill up, pay what you owe and off you go.

it's convenient for me since it's only 5 min from my job :p

EDIT: I called today and found out the Cetane rating is a minimum of 47... not bad as everywhere else nearby has a 40 sticker on the pump.

Last edited:

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Bentley Nevada, in Minden, Nevada no longer sells any fuel at the retail level. There are no biodiesel sellers in the Carson City (next to Minden) area either. I will double check this coming week to see what kind if any bio is still available in the greater Reno area. I like to run 1 quart of B99 per tank of dino to help keep the fuel system clean and the injectors running as smoothly as possible. I generally buy 2 tanks of fuel a month, so a 5 gallon jug should last a while. If I can find it.

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Sad to hear. I would buy from them when traveling to Reno. The last time I was there was two years ago.

jerryfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS sedan @295K, 99 Jetta sedan 275k,. 2015 tdi sedan, 105k
Bentley Nevada, in Minden, Nevada no longer sells any fuel at the retail level. There are no biodiesel sellers in the Carson City (next to Minden) area either. I will double check this coming week to see what kind if any bio is still available in the greater Reno area. I like to run 1 quart of B99 per tank of dino to help keep the fuel system clean and the injectors running as smoothly as possible. I generally buy 2 tanks of fuel a month, so a 5 gallon jug should last a while. If I can find it.

were 30 miles north of reno up into california, bring some jugs....

cumminsfromthecold

Veteran Member
TDI
'84 Toyota 1Z 4WD x-cab
In my experience, at 6000' elev. for the last 8 years, a slight loss of power (negligible, really) and within 1-2 mpg less than regular D2. The tradeoff is a happy IP and engine over the long term and lower emissions (NOx possibly excepted) and better tailpipe smell. Plus not supporting petrol companies (if it's made from waste grease).

Cold weather awareness is important as is blending accordingly. Carry a spare fuel filter if you are brave and run high blends in winter. An inline coolant heater/Frostheater helps with cold weather worries.

RiceChopper

TDI
2000 Golf GL
New West Michigan BioStop

I stopped by the Exxon at the corner of 64th street and Byron road in Zeeland, MI today.
They have B5 ($2.68), B10 ($2.72), B15 ($2.76), AND B20 ($2.80).
Much better price and selection than the Mobil up on Alpine in Grand Rapids(B5=$3.51 and B20=$3.61), but given those are the only two places I can get my Bio fix, in the course of a regular week for me, I ain't complaining. Just saying. :D
VRIESLAND COUNTRY STORE--Exxon
Address: 6420 Byron Rd, Zeeland, MI 49464
Phone: (616) 772-4445

MikeS

TDI
2000 Jetta TDI
Greasecar NIB system for 1999-2003 Jetta TDI

Just in case anyone is interested, selling for what I paid $795. Never installed, 100% complete as purchased directly from Greasecar. Save $$$$ over 2017 prices. Message me on this site......MikeS

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
A couple of months ago I was in in Reno at the Allied Fuel Stop and paid $4.50 IIRC for B99 per gallon. I put two gallons in my Jerry jug to take home with me. I don't know what the price today is, but they are find-able through Google.

I remember 7 or 8 years ago I paid $5.99 a gallon for B99 at Bently Nevada. I was willing to pay the extra to stick it to the man, so-to-speak. Granted D2 was $4.75 a gallon back then so it wasn't that big of a deal. One of these days I will be removing my Greasecar kit from my Jetta; I haven't used it in years so it is for sale, especially if you want to remove it yourself. Even cheaper if you want to remove it yourself.

Last edited:

drsven

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW - DG Buyback
A couple of months ago I was in in Reno at the Allied Fuel Stop and paid $4.50 IIRC for B99 per gallon. I put two gallons in my Jerry jug to take home with me. I don't know what the price today is, but they are find-able through Google.

I remember 7 or 8 years ago I paid $5.99 a gallon for B99 at Bently Nevada. I was willing to pay the extra to stick it to the man, so-to-speak. Granted D2 was $4.75 a gallon back then so it wasn't that big of a deal. One of these days I will be removing my Greasecar kit from my Jetta; I haven't used it in years so it is for sale, especially if you want to remove it yourself. Even cheaper if you want to remove it yourself.
Do you happen to know if Bently Biofuels is still in business? Last time I filled up at the Minden pumps was a few years back while visiting family in Carson Valley.

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
Do you happen to know if Bently Biofuels is still in business? Last time I filled up at the Minden pumps was a few years back while visiting family in Carson Valley.
Wondering the same. IRC, I stopped by there approximately 2 years ago and the location was closed.