KermaTDI Charlie Customer Service?

RODEO

TDI
2K5 GOLF
Guys.

I have removed my post after working things out with Kerma TDI and Charlie.
I will not go into the details, but they do have some good people working for/with them and I hope they get back on the right track personally and professionally, if they haven't already.

Rodeo.

Last edited:

Mike96ZJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
I finally see the need to post here. I am having an issue with getting a turbo purchased from KERMA TDI.

My order was placed on June 18th 2009. I placed an order in conjunction with a fellow TDIer with the understanding that we would upgrade our cars together. My order consisted of a new K2A Hybrid turbo, PP764 Stage 2 injectors, injector calibration, a Southbend Stage 3 clutch, and a 3 bar map sensor.

I ordered with the understanding that it would be a couple of weeks until the turbo arrived. To be honest my turbo showed up in just a tad over 2 weeks. Since I was still waiting on my injectors to come back from calibration, and a few other miscellaneous parts I gave mine to my buddy who ordered the exact same turbo. He had his turbo seize up on him and the turbo was all he needed to be up and running again. I was just going to take his turbo when it arrived and we informed charlie about what we were doing.

So its been almost a month since the order. I was told the turbo would ship on the 9th. The 9th became the 14th. The 14th became the 16th. I spoke to charlie on the 16th and he promised to have it out that day. I spoke to Paul who promised I would have all of the small parts needed for the install and the oil line on Friday. I was given a tracking number for the oil line that will show up tomorrow. I told Paul that what I needed to have by Friday was my turbo, oil line, install parts, and a tune from Charlie (for my Q-loader) to get me back on the road.

Now today I called Charlies direct line to try and get an update and was informed by the woman who answered that he will be unavailable for a few days. I left a message that the call was in regards to a tracking number for my turbo and that it was urgent. I called the 877 number and Jason answered and promised to call me back with a tracking number. I did not receive a call back. I tried calling again and there was no answer.

Kerma/Charlie/Paul/whoever reads this I just want the money back for the turbo so I can order one from someone who can deliver on their promises. You all sound like great guys on the phone and I'm sure you have good intentions, but my car has been down for a month already and I want it back. Refund my $1349.00 to my card and I will call it good. Thank you.

Last edited:

Cerebus

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI w/DSG
I'm the fellow TDI'er Mike mentioned and I can attest to the failed promises. Right now I'm still running with the orignal tune for my VNT-15 eventho I've upgraded the to K2A. It's laggy as hell, smokes like a chimmeny, and produces less power than the stock VNT-15. I have spoken with Charlie multiple times and he assured me it would not be that way after tunes. So there was a promise made to send me two tunes for the new turbo, one without the 3-bar sensor and one with ...since I have not rigged up an "adapter" for it yet. That was two weeks ago and I have yet to receive my tunes. I have spoke to Charlie every other day for those two weeks and every time I'm promised to have tunes out to me. Still nothing and the car still runs like crap.

In addition to the turbo and tunes we're still waiting on, I also ordered an extended EGT probe and block off plate for Mike, which we were supposed to have by today so he could finish his install. The bottom mounting point for the K2A is also turned 90* from the stock VNT15 so the stock bracket does not work for the bottom mount. We spoke to charlie the day that we installed the turbo and he promised to send out a new bracket that would work for the new turbo so we weren't relying on the exhaust manifold to carry all the weight. We still have not seen those either.

...if I had it to do over...

Last edited:

VailPowder

RIP, Gone But Not Forgotten
TDI
2005 Jetta TDI Sedan, 1998 New Beetle TDI, 2004 Jetta TDI
Here's the most recent update:

April 12, 2013 Finally back on my feet after a 3rd bout with cancer. This time I had deal with 9 rounds of chemotherapy , a tough surgery , and more radiation treatment. So October to February was kind of tough... but I'm feeling great now!

During this time kerma continued to grow and thrive...and I was fortunate to spend time with family and all the new grandchildren! And that is the best!

We have also been involved in charitable work , especially co-chairing a major fund raiser for St Jude Children's Research Hospital and a Molecular Testing Research program at MDAnderson in Houston as part of their Moon Shots Program.

This was the last update:
In two days...on August 1, 2011..... I am officially in remission! Woo Hoo! After 2 years, and two bouts with cancer I'm still standing! And kermaTDI is still here and growing!

I'd like to say thanks to everyone who supported us, believed in us...and did the right thing. The doctors and nurses, in Colorado and at MD Anderson and the other hospitals in Houston Texas were amazing... incredible people. And thanks to New York Life!

Here are some videos and links :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWvAlgjRipg&feature=player_detailpage

https://www.facebook.com/stjudessnowangels?ref=stream [we just raised $118K for St Judes Childrens Hospital on March 29, 2013]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMesq-3EHZw

http://www.newyorklife.com/

Scroll through the top window until you see my story

And an article http://www.newyorklife.com/newyorklife.com/General/FileLink/Static%20Files/2010%20Report%20To%20Policyholders.pdf

----------------

I was in the hospital fighting cancer in 2009 when Charlie was suffering from Cyber Bullies ** [ see a definition of Cyber-Bullying at the bottom of this post ]

Here's my original post from 2009 :

I won't post much as I'm still trying to get the facts.

Short version Charlie is having a medical problem...but Jason, and I will deal with each customer issue.

The timing stinks since I just finished the 4th round of Chemo and I start 6 weeks of potentially grueling radiation at MDAnderson in Houston .....so not the best time for me to try to work and see what needs to be fixed...but I will do what I have to.

I may not have a voice and I'm told I'll get increasingly sick during this fifth round of treatment...so brief emails and ordering from the store may be better for me [ when feasible].

I'm not suprised that Charlie needs a break.... we've been victimized by people we trusted and suffered huge thefts at their hands, while they falsely claim that they are victims.

-We've had people savage us for sport as it its bowling, and we've seen non stop efforts to slander using the most outrageous and cowardly ways possible.

Simultaneously efforts are made to ruin all of our vendor relationships and essentially steal our business. Rather than people coming up with a new business idea , with different products and vendors, and create something new and unique .

I guess infiltrating and stealing is easier for some.
So the timing bites... Charlie's been driven to the breaking point. People have continued to attack us even while I deal with a late stage Stage 4 cancer that is serious.

I do my best to maintain a positive attitude in order to fight this cancer... but people are basically trying to destroy us financially such that I wont have money to pay for medical treatments or health insurance.

I have to say that I am staggered by how low some people are willing to sink as they try to screw us out of our business.... and they are making it harder for us to do our daily jobs.

But I wont give up... I will take care of every order and strive to provide good customer service.

I will have to ask for more understanding as this game is being rigged against us.... and that makes everything a lot harder.

But I will work through this during the cancer treatment and during the recovery period afterward and do the right thing.

But there is a breaking point for cancer vicitims and people with serious helath problems, and for the families, loved ones , and caregivers. And we have tried to maintain at or near that breaking point for a very long time...while others have enjoyed their dirty tricks.

Best Wishes and my apologies in advance!

Paul

----

There are various techniques that cyber bullies use to inflict emotional distress upon their target. Cyber-bullies often post false, hurtful rumors in public websites or forums in which other people are inclined to visit and read. The intention of the Cyber-Bully is to spread a humiliation and a mutual dislike for their victim. This humiliates and alienates the target amongst their peers and leaves them feeling emotionally damaged.

Cyber-bullies also directly harass their target through emails and instant messaging. This direct form of cyber-bullying is more inclined to cause fear and paranoia in the victim as the threats are more direct as they are solely targeted towards the victim not an entire cyber community.

Posting pictures over the Internet of the victim without their consent, often with embarassing captions and or editing is another common technique used by cyber-bullies to distress the victim.

Cyber-bullies are also inclined to work together and essentially gang up against the victim. This technique is especially intimidating as it leaves the victim feeling especially isolated.

Last edited:

blizzard60

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Paul,

I don't know you, and I'm new to the tdi game, but that's a well written and brave post.

First and foremost I'm terribly sorry for your current medical condition. I wish you well and I hope for your speedy recovery. I don't know if you watch the tour de france, but the fellow currently in third should be an inspiration and a bit of hope for you...

I am sorry about your current business woes also. Again, I haven't had any business dealings with you, but your post made be feel obliged to post back and offer my support. I know this sounds ridiculous, but if there is anything you need, you can at least ask...

Here's to a complete recovery,
-Chris

Mike96ZJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Don't get me wrong. I know times are tough for you guys. I'm sorry about what you are going through.

The bottom line for me is that I need my car back together. I need my money refunded in order to purchase another turbo. That is all I really want at this point.

VailPowder

TDI
I appreciate that Scott! I think Charlie has been through so much that he just had a break and the frustration was too much.

Of course, its is not acceptable...and thats why he's on medical leave trying to take care of himself.

If we were to suspend sales.... then we would lose our houses, and all medical coverage etc in short order. We've been under attack like this for one year.... despite Charlie's health or my cancer

Our wives and children who have been suffering alongside with us first hand for a year....normally just dealing with a health crisis is a sufficient challenge. Legal fees pursuing the losses from theft, and sleepness nights, and disrupted college and marriage plans have been an extra treat.

Everything gets ugly when a few horrible people violate the social contract of mutual respect and fair play that most of us adhere to.

Scott_DeWitt said:
It pains me to hear of the suffering you are going through Paul, my best wishes to you and your family. If there is anything I can do for you, don't hesitate to contact me.

I will add if Charlie is telling people to "F off" that is unacceptable from a customers standpoint regardless of the circumstances.

If it is too much to handle then simply tell people that new orders are temporarily suspended until further notice, with an explanation, I'm sure that people would understand, whereas telling them off is certainly bad for repeat business and Kerma's reputation.

Cerebus

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI w/DSG
For the record, I am not trying to slander or attack anyone here. My turbo is in and I got a great deal on it from you guys ...but the car runs like sh!t without a new tune. That's all I want. :(

And as someone who lost his mother to cancer at a young age, I feel for you Paul. I wish you the best and I hope you recover. :)

Mike96ZJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
VailPowder said:
If we were to suspend sales.... then we would lose our houses, and all medical coverage etc in short order.
Ok I understand this, but you should not be taking peoples money for items that you cannot deliver.

Nor should you promise a delivery date that changes every couple days.

VailPowder

TDI
I have to head out for treatment....but I will get Charlie to get you a tune ASAP and the other turbos have shipped.

So sorry for the many issues... I'm trying to identify them and straighten them out.

PLEASE EMAIL ME paul AT kermatdi DOT com I have a very heavy medical schedule, and now find time to step in here and help Charlie and the customers

So I wont keep a running thread here. Look fo you issues on email

Paul

Cerebus said:
For the record, I am not trying to slander or attack anyone here. My turbo is in and I got a great deal on it from you guys ...but the car runs like sh!t without a new tune. That's all I want. :(

And as someone who lost his mother to cancer at a young age, I feel for you Paul. I wish you the best and I hope you recover. :)

Mike96ZJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Paul, if you have a heavy medical schedule and little time is there a way for me to contact Jason?

StealthATK

TDI
2005 Jetta (BEW)
New to the TDI game. It seems like you guys have a great relationship with the TDI group and I would love to support you guys by giving business, but at this point would that be doing more harm than good? I'd hate to burden you unnecessarily.

Draza

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 00, Black
My two cents!

Sent my ECU to KERMA told them what mods I have done and have a cel on for my egr mod. I was told I would get a chip installed and the cel would go off. The light is still on even after I clear the code. I tell Kerma about this and he asked me to get him the log numbers under 1, 3 and 11 in csv. file form and I did. Multiple emails, nothing! Called them today and a lady picked up the phoe saying that Charlie has health issues. Im just looking at getting that dammed cel turned off which is what Kerma said his chip would do.

Last edited:

StealthATK

TDI
2005 Jetta (BEW)
diesel-dave said:
wow your first post, so what are you looking to do to your car?
I'm looking to pick up a Q-Loader off them but if I'm going to inconvenience them, or myself I'd rather just get it somewhere else. I have other plans, but that's certainly where I'd like to start.

VailPowder

TDI
Just posting a reminder to use the blueskybasin AT gmail DOT com address Something has messed up our email server. Also while Charlie is getting medical care please correspond with me directly, so that everyone gets correct information and service. Charlie clearly needs a break. My voice is weak and its painful to talk so I hope that we can use email or PM's.

Draza

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 00, Black
VailPowder said:
Just posting a reminder to use the blueskybasin AT gmail DOT com address Something has messed up our email server. Also while Charlie is getting medical care please correspond with me directly, so that everyone gets correct information and service. Charlie clearly needs a break. My voice is weak and its painful to talk so I hope that we can use email or PM's.
You have a PM

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
Got A Grip With Kerma!!!!!

here is my GRIPE

LAST WEEK
first off the Charlie who took a few hours after i told him what i had and what i wanted. Id like to see faster service:rolleyes:
Got my car retuned by charlie, I wanted 22 psi but my digital gauge reads 22.1 what the hell:rolleyes:
I wanted power right away, well now my 235/45/17's spin in 1 st and 2nd finally grab in 3rd. Charlie will be buying me new tires for this.:rolleyes:
I was boosting along, and suddenly no power and a ton of smoke, I was ready to call charlie and blame the tune but when i pulled over at the wawa and opened the hood i saw that the intercooler hose blew off the pipe. must of not put it on right, in the dark in a hurry thanks PETER for the "same day HELP" nice peice!!! had to take it easy home. do that with a gasser!!!
getting great fuel economy and no smoke, must of been luck on his part.;)
idles perfect hits same psi everytime, no smoke with a through exhaust, what gives?..1st tune luck?:eek:
i stayed with the q-loader for the past 2 years due to not having funds to try the other great ones "RC" and "diesel-inside" and the above reasons too.

i want to heat wrap my intake pipe and put on a FMIC maybe i can get a little more and be able to run it harder

Last edited:

Mike96ZJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
diesel-dave,

Glad to hear you had a positive experience. Obviously several other have not. If you got a tune after a couple hours last week you must be on the good list. I asked for one too after dropping nearly $3000 on parts from kerma in the past month and did not get a thing.

My buddy who spent almost as much as me (possibly more over the life of his car) got nothing after he requested a tune as well. 2 weeks of calling every other day and nothing to date.

So there are 2 people who spent $6000 total with kerma who received little to no service in return.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
Mike96ZJ said:
diesel-dave,

Glad to hear you had a positive experience. Obviously several other have not. If you got a tune after a couple hours last week you must be on the good list. I asked for one too after dropping nearly $3000 on parts from kerma in the past month and did not get a thing.

My buddy who spent almost as much as me (possibly more over the life of his car) got nothing after he requested a tune as well. 2 weeks of calling every other day and nothing to date.

So there are 2 people who spent $6000 total with kerma who received little to no service in return.

and i am genuinely sorry to hear that, I lucked out for once and he was hospitalized 2 days after my retune.

your friend needs a retune to fix his issues, also charlie needs a back up.

3000 is nothing, the list will grow as you go. dont get me wrong 3000 is lot to be unhappy but I have been unhappy with others and things and i just make it right.

no sense in having a mental breakdown with these cars, i see others do just that, modding a car is not always easy you will run into issues, thats just life. I know it sucks not having your car on the road trust me.

you and your friend need retunes that cost nothing and i hope charlie can get better soon to tune your cars.

Paul may not make it, he tries pretty hard for a guy in his condition. thats where I say, ok give him the benefit of the doubt. He really never had to do crap, most others in his condition would worry only about themselves and getting better, but he feels he needs to do his best with latter stage throat cancer to help all he can.

hope you never get that sick, with added radiation and chemo treatments plus people trying to steal the last peice of anything you have away.

not trying to gain simpathey, just trying to get others to think alittle about others not just themselves for just a second.

charlies tune seems to be everything others say it wasnt, I was so close to dumping it and going elsewhere due to gossip but due to lack of funds, I asked him for another tune when i did some changes. I havent got a retune in two years when he was with aligator. I was scared but im amazed that my car runs soo good with no smoke

best of luck to you both with your cars

this is supposed to be enjoyable, but it has proven otherwise at times.

it's all really unfortunate

KROUT

persona non grata
Paul real sorry to hear what your going threw. Thats horrible I wish you a speedy recovery if thats possible at this point. But if nobody is running the show maybe time to stop taking orders you cant fill. Its only doing more damage to the kermatdi reputation. I really hope you guys can turn things around.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
Edit: there were some tough times back in 2009, for a lot of reasons, but that was years ago.

We've survived, overcome, and in fact now we are stronger than ever and the future looks great!

Last edited:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Thanks For answering some questions & concerns Charlie.

Best of luck!

jetdiknight

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 tdi
Alright. Let's stop stirring the pot.

Kerma and Vailpowder can,will and should put aside their differences, and concentrate on taking care of immediate needs of their clients. Once that happens, their reputation will be rebuilt. We all have gone thru hardships , physical, emotional, financial, etc. If they can get things going again, I say we let bygones be bygones.

Paul: take care, de-stress, and smile, as having a good attitude helps the treatment. Sorry, I am sure you heard it all. My sincere hopes and prayers goes out to you and your family.

Charlie: thanks for coming back, and taking care of our tdi fellow buds. I also hope that all goes well from now on. My prayers go out to you and your family, and may you have good support from now on.

Fellow TDI Buds : Let's not get too emotional when emailing or PMing them...keep to facts and remain civil, even though you may have all the right in the world to be upset. Let us give GRACE and Love .

Peace to all.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Differences aside I hope and pray for your recovery Paul. Cancer is a serious thing and having lost my father to it, I know what you are going through.

God speed.