V Belt Tensioner shock absorber

dave23703

TDI
2000 jetts tdi
Does any one know if the shock absorber for the tensioner can be bought separately and what do they go for
2000 jetta tdi

theeman23_69

TDI
03 Jetta, 01 audi S4, 98 cummins
i purchased a ribbed belt tensioner from the dealer and it doesnt have the shock on it. i am wondering if the belt i got with my TB kit from tdiparts.com will work with it. i will post a picture in a little bit. btw both the old tensioner and the new tesioner have the same part number. maybe its a new "upgraded" version.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
ALL ALH motored cars have the tensioner with the shock. And NO it's not available seperate. If you have a tensioner without one they sold you a BEW or a BRM tensioner from a PD car.

theeman23_69

TDI
here is the picture of the two tensioners with the same part number. notice the lack of the shock absorber. the alignmentof the two pulleys appears to be similar. anyway they sold me a different belt than the one i got from tdiparts.com, hope it works out.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Losha said:
Hmm, why exactly it won't work?
I may be blind, but the mounting holes look different...

Theeman: As for the 2 tensioners having the same part number... are the numbers stamped on the parts or do you have the part numbers only from the receipt?? I've seen many VW parts department give out wrong parts on account of them having been stocked in the wrong bin...

Yuri.

Losha

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG, 2001 Golf TDI, Audi S6, A8, Toureg
ymz said:
I may be blind, but the mounting holes look different...

Theeman: As for the 2 tensioners having the same part number... are the numbers stamped on the parts or do you have the part numbers only from the receipt?? I've seen many VW parts department give out wrong parts on account of them having been stocked in the wrong bin...

Yuri.

Lol, I know it won't work, otherwise I would have used gasser one on my TDI.:D I was just acting dumb, I have couple used ones from gasser in my tool box laying around.

If tensioner shock is dead you can install spring $4 from ACE and it will work fine for long time.

theeman23_69

TDI
the hole locations are the same. Im thinking about just installing it to see if it fits properly. and yes the part numbers are stamped on the part. 038 903 315