Tdi stuck choke ? Help Please

b47t0n

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mkv BKD
hi all

ive got a pd100 remapped erg delete

basically during the winter when i first start the car and drive off it feels asif the choke is on which i know is perfectly normal as once ive drove it for a couple of mins it will run normal

the problem i have its been double figures this week in temperature really really hot and the car is still acting the same asif its cold and runs groggy
asif the choke is on, again it takes a good 5mins driving for it to clear up and drive normally

theres no limp mode but thats the best way to describe how it drives

anybody else know what this is or it could be ?

thank you in advance

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Have you tried some carb and choke cleaner? maybe the choke is just getting stuck....:rolleyes:

No, seriously, you might have a bad MAF, or the turbo vanes are stuck.

Are there any codes?

b47t0n

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mkv BKD
i know theres no choke lol just didnt know how to describe it

the vains do stick sometimes causing over boost and the MAF seems fine as when i unplug it can notice the difference

no there's no codes

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
So it's not the choke, it's the throttle valve? The butterfly valve just after the 90 deg. hose into the intake?

Or are you saying that it runs at an elevated idle like the choke is closed on a gasser?

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
He's saying it runs with crap power at first like a petrol car in the winter until it warms up a bit.

Did you get the egr removed or just mapped out? In the same place as the egr is a thing called the asv (anti shudder valve) you could have a look and make sure it's wide open but other than that I'd say the turbo's just sticking a bit more than likely. Take on a good blast and get the revs up, see if that helps.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
It might be a glow plug issue. Does the glow plug light turn off within a few seconds of turning the key on?

Is the check engine light on? Are there any fault codes stored in the ECU?

b47t0n

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf mkv BKD
No engine light or codes I'll check the light in the morning

The erg is the allard pipe and mapped out I know the turbo is sticking a little but I believe there's no cure for this :(