2015 Passat Malone Stage 2 now with DSG shudder

Forte

TDI
2015 Sport Wagen
I have the Stage 2 Malone on my 15 Golf... we got them at the same time lol I could've swore I felt the similar thing at the same RPM thru my DSG.. I do plan on getting the DSG tune eventually and rarely get on it even that low in RPM... I got it for better MPG but enjoy the power when I need it.

Kevinski4

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
I have the Stage 2 Malone on my 15 Golf... we got them at the same time lol I could've swore I felt the similar thing at the same RPM thru my DSG.. I do plan on getting the DSG tune eventually and rarely get on it even that low in RPM... I got it for better MPG but enjoy the power when I need it.
A DSG tune won't fix DMF shudder. A minor tweak to your ECU tune will.

Forte

TDI
2015 Sport Wagen
well it only happens once in a while IF I do WOT at low RPMs... should I have them retweak it Kevin or will it not damage anything since I don't get on it at low RPMs then?

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
If you drive around it there's no harm. As you can see from the dyno posted above, there is an abrupt spike in torque that unfortunately the DMF just can't handle in tuned form. Even the CR190 GTD in Europe is torque limited to 280lb-ft for this reason when that turbo is capable in tuned form to get close to 350lb-ft. I'll say again though, not trying to plug for their product, the Fluidampr made the shudder disappear in my car entirely. The only options are to have the tune tweaked under 2k rpm or install the Fluidampr which is just a fluid filled harmonic balancer that replaces the almost nonexistent OEM damper. If you ever plan on upgrading the turbo and clutch down the road, you'll want the Fluidampr in order to run a single mass flywheel. It is highly likely that VW intentionally used a cheap damper because they know the DMF will soak up the rest of the torsional vibrations on these cars!

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Follow up to old thread, I received a modified stage 2 tune and DMF shudder has been 95% removed. I notice a small shudder if at almost WOT, where before it was 70% WOT.

As far as comparing Stg 2 to modified Stg 2, I couldn't tell the difference in pull or tip in off the line. I'm sure a dnyo would say otherwise but I'm very happy with the 2 months its been installed.

Also the price of a tune is worth it for tip in more than peak HP numbers, it just makes zipping form a red light and goosing the pedal in the 1400-2000 RPM range so much more enjoyable, I've never felt the need to wind it out above 3-4K.