2012 Passat Wiper Blades

mtdiwgn

TDI
2012 Passat SE TDI
Anyone fit any aftermarket blades- I have tried Bosch Icon, Rain X and Trico blades and they do not fit...I am trying to avoid dealer pricing for replacements, any ideas would be appreciated. None listed on IDParts site either. Searched the forum but came up empty!

vw_norm

Gone, but not forgotten.
TDI
2012 NMS TDI SEL Platinum Gray w/moonrock
I ended up buying some OEM blades from getvwparts.com for less than $15 each. Tried all those aftermarket ones too, and couldn't get those adapter clips to go on properly. Plus they were all rather chunky.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
They look like the same mounting "PBT" as my jetta. I scored a set of "bosch areo" blades for my jetta last year from amazon, to replace my rain-x blades that had huge adaptors but did fit. I finially put the bosch ones on after the hurricane. They work great.

mtdiwgn

TDI
2012 Passat SE TDI
Thanks, I checked the VW parts site band they are $15 but shipping is $15 too! I will keep looking around but may end up ordering 4 to make it worthwhile on a per part basis...

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You're local dealer should have them in stock without shipping. Give them a call, hopefully they won't upcharge too much.

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG
Anything aftermarket yet? I don't really want Orem replacements they lasted 6 months barely and sucked most of the time.

Auto parts store told me the trick ones and the rain x should fit but they don't :mad:

Need new blades!

bor2run

TDI
2012 Passat SE TDI 6m
I put the "Trico Force on mine. The part number for the drivers side is 25-240. You will have to look up the other side. They fit.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Anything aftermarket yet? I don't really want Orem replacements they lasted 6 months barely and sucked most of the time.
Auto parts store told me the trick ones and the rain x should fit but they don't :mad:
Need new blades!
This is sorry news.......no reason for nonstandard wipers, none at all. If we get a Passat, I hope by that time this has been rectified, and silicone blades are available. I get mine for our present car ('04 SAAB 9-5) from Tire Rack, and they'll last 3-4 years. Get the "genuine" replacements, they start to go south in 6 months.....

ChadS99SVT

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG
I put the "Trico Force on mine. The part number for the drivers side is 25-240. You will have to look up the other side. They fit.
Well I'm wondering if there was a change in 2013 then. The adapter they give you is correct but it isn't quite deep or short enough so it won't snap into place. It just keeps sliding on and off.

The auto parts store didn't have 2013 info just 2012. I assumed they would be identical seems like a odd thing to make a change too.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
btw I compared wiper blades from the 2010 jetta to the 2012 passat, even thou the attachment point looks identical, the passat's arm attachment is about 1/8" 1/4" narrower than the jettas.

I want to say the 2012 Jetta's have the same narrower PTB set up, but not sure.

mtdiwgn

TDI
2012 Passat SE TDI
I have continued to search, looking for an aftermarket blade that fits. None found yet...tried everything that Advance stocks. Next step may be to modifuy the arm (remove some material at end and refinish to prevent corrosion) or buy 1 OEM blade and see if i can dissasemble the connector and retrofit to an aftermarket blade...seems like a case of really over- engineering...

GuyGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat Comfortline DSG
Same here no luck whatsoever!! seems from what I've been able to find is that the arms are 19mm and all the wipers I've found are 22mm.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Our local dealer had to order us a set because they've been out of stock the last three times we have stopped by the parts department.

AbleDanger12

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SE
I discovered the other week during several days of rain in South Carolina that no aftermarket (that I was able to locate) would fit on my 2012 Passat. I caved and went to the dealer.. $35/ea. But I knew if I didn't get them when I thought about it, I would forget until the next time it rained. I plan on ordering a second set (from somewhere other than the stealership) so I'm not in a bind like that again. I'd like to think the aftermarket would eventually make an adapter that fits eventually.

Cogen Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG.
With all the hassle you folks are having finding aftermarket blades why not just go with the dealer ones ? Less hassle . So they cost a few bucks more. It won't put you in the poor house. As far as how long they last. My originals lasted almost 2 years. Just installed 3 new ones from the dealer. I have the 2011 Golf. Fit great, work great. Cost about $20 Canadian a piece. :confused::D
My last rig was a 2007 Toyota FJCruiser. Had 3 wipers on the front windshield. Try getting after market blades for that. Decided to go with dealer blades. Less hassle.

Last edited:

upsbroke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 NB and '13 JSW
OEM blades

Don't forget- Gunther VW in Coconut Creek, Florida's Shop foreman Pete alias VWSHPFRMN gets TDIClub members a 20% discount on parts.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Or order them from one of the forum's vendor supporters like World Impex, that's where I get mine.

carlrx7

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SEL TDI
i use delco blades on all my vehicles (haen't changed passat yet,2013), maybe its just me and rain-x, but i only change them like once every 3 years.

-Carl

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Or order them from one of the forum's vendor supporters like World Impex, that's where I get mine.
Indeed.

Available from Impex for $21.20 each

http://www.worldimpex.com/parts/genuine-part-wiper-blade_2744764.html

And

http://www.worldimpex.com/parts/genuine-part-wiper-blade_2744765.html

I don't know which side is which, but I'm pretty sure you will need one of each. ;)

Anyone in the DC/VA/MD area remember that the Impex TDI GTG is coming up - pick your parts up at the GTG and save on shipping. :cool:

GuyGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat Comfortline DSG
With all the hassle you folks are having finding aftermarket blades why not just go with the dealer ones ? Less hassle . So they cost a few bucks more. It won't put you in the poor house. As far as how long they last. My originals lasted almost 2 years. Just installed 3 new ones from the dealer. I have the 2011 Golf. Fit great, work great. Cost about $20 Canadian a piece. :confused::D
My last rig was a 2007 Toyota FJCruiser. Had 3 wipers on the front windshield. Try getting after market blades for that. Decided to go with dealer blades. Less hassle.
I hear ya, that's where I'm going today, it's just a ***** when your wiper breaks, the dealer is closed on the weekend (thank goodness it didn't rain).
the Dealer was still closed this morning as I drove by so I have to wait for the trip home.
(the Dealer is 35kms away and the Canadian Tire is just behind my house).

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
The just go to the dealer option and get them, is not a valid argument.

The stock wipers aren't bad, but there are better and cheaper options out there. The RainX and some of the higher end Silicon options are in the same price range, yet have far better performance and life.

The issue is, why did VWoA feel the need to change the arm so that no aftermarket could be used. That is RIDICULOUS! There are many options out there as far as attachment options, there was no need to add another.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ng3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI & Jetta TDI
I use Rain X washer fluid and spray the windshield with RainX original yellow bottle about every 3 months and I mostly don't have to use the wipers at all, water just beads right away and goes off the windshield.

Cogen Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG.
The just go to the dealer option and get them, is not a valid argument.

The stock wipers aren't bad, but there are better and cheaper options out there. The RainX and some of the higher end Silicon options are in the same price range, yet have far better performance and life.

The issue is, why did VWoA feel the need to change the arm so that no aftermarket could be used. That is RIDICULOUS! There are many options out there as far as attachment options, there was no need to add another.

Perhaps then you would like to tell the forum members where these options are to avoid the hassle as far as attachment options go. I'm sure they would be forever in your debt. :D
As far as "why did VWoA feel the need to change the arm so that no aftermarket could be used". It's all about the money. Always follow the money.

Last edited:

mafrif

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI 6MT
Glad I read this thread, will definitely have to keep a spare in the trunk.

I can't believe they use a non-standard attachment, that is ridiculous.

Has anyone tried the Valeo from Tire Rack? $36 for the pair of wipers, and around $8 shipping.

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Perhaps then you would like to tell the forum members where these options are to avoid the hassle as far as attachment options go. I'm sure they would be forever in your debt. :D
As far as "why did VWoA feel the need to change the arm so that no aftermarket could be used". It's all about the money. Always follow the money.
I have not found any options for our 1 particular car. I was saying that every other car on the market has other options to go with because their automaker didn't decide to engineer a new connection type.

I understand the why, it doesn't make it any less ridiculous! Imagine if every carmaker starts doing this...

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
I use Rain X washer fluid and spray the windshield with RainX original yellow bottle about every 3 months and I mostly don't have to use the wipers at all, water just beads right away and goes off the windshield.
I also do the same. On the highway the RainX does great, but in stop and go or city driving or just cleaning the windshield off I would Iike wiper options...

donDavide

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta ;2006 Golf; 2015 Jetta S
Use World Impex and get OEM for less. I have bought blades for my Mk5, B5, B6 on several occasions from them. And to offset any frieght, just get other stuff you want or need anyway at that time.

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
Amazon Prime has Trico and Valeo wipers for my 2013 Passat SE, at approx. $20 each.

No shipping and handling.