Volkswagen part numbers

bmixon

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
What is the best way to look up Volkswagen part numbers with a diagram. I notice that when I pick up parts from the Volkswagen dealer that they use a system called ETKA or at least that what printed out on top of the diagram I got from them. I read in a couple of threads that this system is not available to the public and I also found Vagcat.com. What is the best system to look up part numbers that has a diagram. Thanks

Last edited:

bmixon

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
I must be missing something. Are you telling me that Vag-Com can also give you the VW OEM part numbers. I know about how to run a scan and look at the error codes but I am talking about finding a part number (for example-I would like a new black end cap that goes on the injectors for cylinder #1).

bmixon

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Passat TDI
oilhammer said:
There are some boot-legged copies of ETKA out there.... ;)

However if you are looking for something specific once in a while, just ask here someone could help you.

PM me if you like. Also, many parts on your car already have VAG part numbers on them.

Read here about the VAG system:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=202957
Thanks for the information and help. I honestly thought you could just pay a fee and get access to the information somehow. In the last few days I learned how to swap out the injectors and the ECU in my car using the information posted in the forum. For any newbie reading this and thinking about installing new nozzles, I can tell you as a newbie myself, get the extraction tool that metalnerd's sells or from one of the other vendors listed on the forum. Mine came out with very little effort using that tool. Thanks again

Last edited: