Monsoon AUX input?

Roadhog_

TDI
2005 Golf GLS
Any aftermarket adapters to add an AUX input or Bluetooth to an OEM Monsoon stereo?

A while back I think I found some kind of adapter that goes on the back of the unit that you plug into the antenna port and then plug the antenna into the adapter. So basically you have a nice aux port then.

That would be pretty nice if I could find what it was again. If not how about some Bluetooth adapters? I also don't want one that has to go in the trunk where the CD changer is. Though, if there is a Bluetooth one that can go there that would be fine too.

:D

ALL4AMD

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS
I use a tape adaptor to connect to my cell and listen to Pandora but then again I have the GLS

intendwithin

TDI
04 Jetta 5 speed TDI
Cheaper or just the same cost to purchase a new head unit which will interface with iPhones and iPods waaaay better. Pandora, hands free calling. Why spend $100 on cable adapters when I can spend $70 on a head unit that has all the bells and whistles...

FloridaMutt

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 GL Manual Jetta Wagon
Cheaper or just the same cost to purchase a new head unit which will interface with iPhones and iPods waaaay better. Pandora, hands free calling. Why spend $100 on cable adapters when I can spend $70 on a head unit that has all the bells and whistles...
can you suggest one?

FloridaMutt

Veteran Member
TDI
Start here: http://www.crutchfield.com/g_300/All-Car-Stereos.html

If it works, this is a list of 169 stereos that fit my 2005 Jetta Wagon (which is identical to the 2004 Jetta Wagon). Have fun!

thanks

I actually went there after I asked the question.

I found that I would need a $80 adapter in order for the steering wheel controls to work. So even with the least expensive unit, I am back in square one having to buy an adapter.

At least for my wife's 2005 which has the monsoon and steering wheel controls it seems the adapters suggested here might be a better option.

romad

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS Wagon "Cranberry"
Enfig also give you the option to delete the iPod cable and save $10.

Bengoshi2000

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf (0M1)
I installed the 12 pin Denison from Enfig. Cost $70, works great!

You just need to determine if your car has 8 pin or 12 pin on the back.

Mine, 05 jetta wagon has 12 pin.

http://enfigcarstereo.com/DENSION_GW1LVW1.html
Enfig FTW. This was the first thing I installed on my '02 Golf when I got it back in June. Very pleased with the sound AND the additional AUX input that allowed me to hook up my SiriusXM with zero additional fuss.

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
Enfig FTW. This was the first thing I installed on my '02 Golf when I got it back in June. Very pleased with the sound AND the additional AUX input that allowed me to hook up my SiriusXM with zero additional fuss.
What was all required to install it? Do you have to tap into your harness with scotch lok s or posi taps or something?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Bengoshi2000

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf (0M1)
It's plug n play. Remove the radio, unplug the harness, plug the harness into the enfig, plug the enfig into the radio, attach the grounding lead, done.

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
It's plug n play. Remove the radio, unplug the harness, plug the harness into the enfig, plug the enfig into the radio, attach the grounding lead, done.
Nice I might look into this. I've been using the tape adapter with a phono plug coming from it...but now I can't spit the tape out?! Guess it's in there for good...

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

FloridaMutt

Veteran Member
TDI
I sent for the GROM BT3, it is a little expensive (@ $119)but i keep the steering wheel controls, the blue tooth can be used to stream music, and for hands free calls.