02 TDI Jetta Fuel Flow Problem

seanboner

TDI
02 TDI
Ok time to ask for some help from the experts on here, you guys have seen or heard just about everything. I have an 02 TDI Jetta that will not run more than lets say 20 minutes, exactly when the fuel filter is emptied. I have replaced the fuel filter and same thing it will run aslong as trhe fuel filter has fuel then it will not refill the filter and stalls out for lack of fuel. I have replaced the injection pump about 5K miles ago along with new fuel injectors and nozzles. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Put a sender unit/pickup module in. May be clogged up with crap. Sometimes you can clean them out.

seanboner

TDI
02 TDI
Ok, I tried that already. There wasnt anything that would cause it to not suck fuel up to the filter in there. I did exactly the same symptoms when i cleaned the sending unit.

stevekris

Veteran Member
TDI
beetle 99 silver
Did you drill out the check valve and grease the o rings? You have an air leak or something clogged. Thanks Steve

Seatman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Skoda rapid elegance 1.6 cr tdi
I know it's probably a stupid question, but is there any chance the send and return fuel pipes could have been put on the wrong way round?