Another TDI fringe benefit..........

mannytranny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 Jetta (sold, such a great car) '16 Touareg
Infrequent fuel stops.

Seems to me like most gas stations are always a mess of angry motorists fighting to fill up and part with their hard earned $$. Ha.

So many times Ive seen people angry at the world and making a scene at gas stations. Hollering at people, etc. Seems like a lot of bottomfeeders around there.

Luckily, I only fill up about once a month or later, since I add 40% biodiesel from a drum here at home.

I sure dont miss that crowd.

Also it is pry safer, as gas stations tend to be a high crime area.

Im more than happy to fill up with the truckers.........

mrGutWrench

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, 5-speed, 563K Miles (July '23)
Infrequent fuel stops.

Seems to me like most gas stations are always a mess of angry motorists fighting to fill up and part with their hard earned $$. Ha. So many times Ive seen people angry at the world and making a scene at gas stations. Hollering at people, etc. Seems like a lot of bottomfeeders around there. (snip) I sure dont miss that crowd. (snip) Im more than happy to fill up with the truckers.........
__. All true - the only drawback is that you sometimes have gassers blocking the only diesel pump. But just let it roll on by.
'

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
I mentioned this earlier, but I'll say it again. Living in the center of the Great state of Oregon, in my TDI powered Jetta, I can leave the country (provided my paperwork is OK next time) and come back on $55 worth of fuel. In my truck I can only do that and come back if I travel North or South. I won't make it back if I try it East or West.

Especially West.

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
Ahhhh ... they did let you back in .... finally, didn't they?

Passports people. We need them now to visit our northern and southern neighbors. At least if we want to return.