Polar FIS PF04, updated hardware

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Golf SEL Sportwagen, 2005 Jetta TDI, John Deere 355D
I don't believe the NMS Passat is on the MQB platform.
So my 2015 passat is NOT mqb? I didn't think it was based on how different it is from my 15 golf but didn't have much room to argue.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
2015 Passat chassis is the same as prior years. We have a 2013 and a 2015, and the major diff is the engine and a few interior changes. I think, since the NMS Passatwasa pretty new chassic, that MQB went into other lines first.

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
the picture is a prototype PF05 model for alpha testing.

I'm pretty excited that progress is being made but it's not quite there yet for the MK7. But we are testing and providing feedback so that this can eventually be released to customers.

So let's just say it's past the vaporware stage but not quite ready for prime time yet.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
So let's just say it's past the vaporware stage but not quite ready for prime time yet.
I am very curious when the MQB version will connect into the car's network. As I understand it there is no CAN gateway above the brake pedal in MQB vehicles to plug the Polar unit into. Therefore a different connection location must be used. I am curious where Polar decided to plug their device into, which will control how much trouble it is to install.

Have Fun!

Don

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
it connects the same way as always. Pull the connector form the can-gateway, plug it into the Polar unit, plug the polar unit into the can gateway.

the can gateway module is located above the brake pedal. It's really easy to see if you poke your head under the dash. Getting to it so you can get a finger on it though, much less easy, gotta take the lower dash apart. I can do it in about 3 minutes at this point but I've had some practice LOL

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Don,

Kerma is correct. I just checked the equipment in your Tiguan and sure enough it has a separate CAN gateway.

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta

Went out to grab a burger.... and just like that it started up.

No time to mess with it now though.... that's just the default stuff

Locoelectrician

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Golf SEL Sportwagen, 2005 Jetta TDI, John Deere 355D
2015 Passat chassis is the same as prior years. We have a 2013 and a 2015, and the major diff is the engine and a few interior changes. I think, since the NMS Passatwasa pretty new chassic, that MQB went into other lines first.
So the existing polar unit will or will not work on my Passat? Seems to be conflicting answers if it is not a MQB car.

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Can't tell you that for certain (not a Polar user). I was just confirming that the 2015 Passat is clearly *NOT* MQB platform.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Kerma, any more updates?

KERMA

TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
there's a new firmware finally that we will be evaluating here in the coming days
So progress is being made.

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914
there's a new firmware finally that we will be evaluating here in the coming days
So progress is being made.
Been searching on which unit is for a 2011 JSW? PF04? The thread went dead 5/18.