Stolen!!!!

TDIBill

Veteran Member
TDI
97Passat, 96 Passat Variant
:mad: Black '96 Variant with tinted windows all around. Stolen from my driveway overnite 9.11-12.2017. I live in Temecula but car could be anywhere in So Cal. Please be on lookout. CA plate #6BET965. VIN #WVWHG83AXTE249799. If you've seen it or know where it is Please call RivCoSherriff/Temecula Pd. Riverside Case # TE172550038. Temecula PD/RivCo Sherriff's Dept 951.696.4957. HELP!!!![/B]
:mad:
Posted i A3/B4 forum but wanted to get more eyes on it!!!

Scoutx

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta (6MT) - 1000 Mile Club (retired)___ 2015 Jetta SEL (6MT)
My prayers go out to you.... Good Luck.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
I had a friend back in high school who would leave the keys of his car in the ignition hoping someone would steal it. No one ever did to his dismay. His parents promised him a new one if that happened. We did do some Evel Knievel type stunts in it and took it like a champ. It seemed to have 9 lives and then some.

Oh, and to the OP, sorry for your situation. Hopefully it will turn up back in your hands.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
A friend of mine left the engine running in his car at the ER at hospital while helping someone. The car was stolen (really a junker). About two weeks later it was found in the hospital parking lot with the keys in it. It had been driven over 1500 miles..

So, obviously, someone needed it for transportation (happened in Chicago).

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
Kinda funny that they brought it back to where they found it, Andy.

Did they at least refill the tank?

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
A friend of mine left the engine running in his car at the ER at hospital while helping someone. The car was stolen (really a junker). About two weeks later it was found in the hospital parking lot with the keys in it. It had been driven over 1500 miles..

So, obviously, someone needed it for transportation (happened in Chicago).
Similar thing happened with my parents in the late 70s. They always left the car unlocked, keys in the ignition overnight, as we live in a rural area. Woke up one day and the car was gone. It turned up several days later at a mall about 25 miles away with over 2,000 miles put on it. They figured somebody took a trip to Florida.

jerrymander

Veteran Member
TDI
f
Economy-minded drug runner.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
I recall once seeing in the news where a guy in a TDI was being tailed in a cross state car chase. Best getaway car.