Omaha, NE chat thread

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Anyone have a vag com around Lincoln or is very knowledgeable with the alh? above 3k it just seems to have no power I'm at 286k so I kinda assume it needs new nozzles but I just did the diesel purge but didn't notice anything drastic
I would say it's not your nozzles, but rather the turbo causing your issue. Might be something simple like a MAF. But if it's the original turbo, I'd say the vanes are sticking.

-Ben

Gratefuldev

TDI
Grey 2003 Jetta TDI 1.9L
Anyone have a vag com around Lincoln or is very knowledgeable with the alh? above 3k it just seems to have no power I'm at 286k so I kinda assume it needs new nozzles but I just did the diesel purge but didn't notice anything drastic
I've had and solved a handful of issues similar to what you're explaining. There are lots of articles that cover the issue on this forum. Nozzles is an unlikely culprit. More likely causes would be you MAF (needs cleaned), turbo actuator (mine needed replaced), sticky veins in the turbo (can be cleaned) or a weak n75 sensor. Also, if you've never seen the snow screen, clean that sucker out. There's a post on how to do that here aswell.

Gratefuldev

TDI
Grey 2003 Jetta TDI 1.9L
Used VNT-17?

Does anyone in the Omaha/Lincoln/ SE Nebraska area have a used VNT-17 or 17/22 hybrid they would like to part with?

Gratefuldev

TDI
Grey 2003 Jetta TDI 1.9L
Does anyone in the Omaha/Lincoln/ SE Nebraska area have a used VNT-17 or 17/22 hybrid they would like to part with?
Well I went with a brand new VNT-17. Is there anyone local that can help set up my Malone tune for the bigger turbo? Otherwise I'm mailing it to Denver.

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
Well I went with a brand new VNT-17. Is there anyone local that can help set up my Malone tune for the bigger turbo? Otherwise I'm mailing it to Denver.
As an authorized Malone dealer I can help you out, no problem. However I won't be in NE for another week or so. But if you mailed me your ECU I typically ship it back to you within 24 hours. Free USPS Priority mail shipping is provided.

Thanks,
Ben

Gratefuldev

TDI
Grey 2003 Jetta TDI 1.9L
As an authorized Malone dealer I can help you out, no problem. However I won't be in NE for another week or so. But if you mailed me your ECU I typically ship it back to you within 24 hours. Free USPS Priority mail shipping is provided.
Thanks,
Ben
Sent a private message to you.

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
JETTA TDI 2009, JSW 2013 DSG PANO
I'm very sad doing this but the TDI is going back to VW.

I will have some stuff for sale in the next few weeks.

I'm not saying good bye hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gratefuldev

TDI
Grey 2003 Jetta TDI 1.9L
Does anyone know of a shop doing injection nozzle tests for our little rockets? Also, anyone in the area who has the software to adjust IQ? Feel free to private message me if you can help.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Does anyone know of a shop doing injection nozzle tests for our little rockets? Also, anyone in the area who has the software to adjust IQ? Feel free to private message me if you can help.
From what I can see, for IQ, a VCDS is needed to check it and depending on the vintage of the car/engine, it can be changed with the VCDS software OR manually. What year, make and model are you asking about?

Gratefuldev

TDI
Grey 2003 Jetta TDI 1.9L
The super common 03 ALH. It is indeed adjustable by VCDS. I suppose I should be asking if anyone has a VCDS in the area.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Someone stranded in Kearney, they're not from around there and have gone to Precision Import Repair. I'm about 300 miles away from him in Des Moines, is there someplace else that he should be going? I know nothing about what's available in NE.

Can someone please PM RayBrubaker if they have any info?It's his car but a friend is using it and the owner is currently out of the country.

Thanks
Steve A

twistedcricket

TDI
No TDIs
Turn in date selected

Jan 13th.
Really not thrilled, but in the end it's the best decision right now.

Maybe I can find an isuzu or cummins diesel to put in my Ranger....

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Jan 13th.
Really not thrilled, but in the end it's the best decision right now.

Maybe I can find an isuzu or cummins diesel to put in my Ranger....
Mine is Jan 25th for both cars oh well it was fun, i guess I'm one of the butt heads staying with VW.

I got a 2016 Jetta Sport and my wife is getting a 2017 Beetle haha

Buck_101

TDI
2006 Jetta
Hello new here and need help. I have a 2006 Jetta Tdi with 135000 miles. The car was running normal with a egr that has been leaking for over a year. I changed my oil and fuel filter and manually moved the actuator on the turbo. I didn't adjust it just moved it and it moved hard then freed up. When i started the car it started hard pry due to the fuel filter change. I noticed driving the car i could hear the exhaust more then before and power was down a few week later. I put on about 400 miles a week. Then the weather started to get near 0 I added five gallons of number 1 from the same station i normally get fuel. The family and i went for a drive we put about 200 miles on and parked the car in the garage. The next day i started the car and got out to let it warm up and if ran for about 30 sec's and died. All the car will do is start and die runs maybe 5-10 seconds. If you heat the block is may stay idling no power at all putting it in gear will kill the motor. If it idles for a hour or so it will drive around the block but smoke with. You can smell the un burned diesel!

Now i have
replace the fuel filter twice thinking jelled its not
checked the anti shutter valve
took it to the big vw dealer in the big O and after a bill they told me its a flat cam. They wanted a small fee of 6000.00 BUCKS. The cam was needing replaced so i did it my self with a kit from Franks. Hes great to work with!
Now new cams same thing.

Unhook the vacuum line on the turbos accumulator and the car will run and idle so i broke the cam in. Right when you plug the vacuum line to the accumulator the car will die and smoke black. The accumulator rod doesn't have a chance to move before the car dies. Like its running off the air from the vacuum line. I was thinking stick veins in the turbo now but the level moves freely now. Could a plugged egr valve cause this. Im kinda lost with a diesel any help or ideas will be appreciated. Also not getting any codes.

Also in need for a vag-com to check my timing Frank will help over the phone. But i need it running first but i will make it right if i can use some ones tool.

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
Well the egr valve was stuck open... Still need a vcds if anyone in the area has one.
I do have one BUT I'm crazy busy and not even sure when I could connect with you. I live in Omaha, work in Lincoln and the shop is also in Lincoln. How quickly do you need assistance?

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey guys I wonder how many people are still coming haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jettawolfs98

Veteran Member
TDI
Just a heads up, I got a set of OEM Bi-Xenon headlights for sale from my JSW including the kufatec wiring. If anybody is interested send me a message, I will post it on the classifieds but here is a picture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro