View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2018, 10:10   #14
James & Son
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2006 Jetta

The initial starting conditions and the time factor are the big thing. If he does not explain these then how can I make a proper decision if those conditions are part of my wear problem.

There are many standardized wear tests that allow any formulator to test his oil against others. This is only a starting point in oil testing.

The science of oil has been going on since the 19th century. The number of studies put out each year is mind boggling and it takes about 10 years of science allow for the next generation of oil improvements.

I have read his stuff but I learned much more from reading the science automotive of lubrication study and testing. Then I went to BITOG that have some degreed tribologists and only follow there stuff when different oils and additives in the real world are being discussed.

Rats stuff is interesting and may be usefull for( edit: classic) hotrodders. His is just another small data point as far as I am concerned when it comes to understanding real world oil conditions.

Last edited by James & Son; January 11th, 2018 at 10:25.
James & Son is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06452 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.30 Kb. compressed to 13.69 Kb. by saving 1.61 Kb. (10.55%)]