Baltimore/Annapolis Service locations

kweicksel

TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Hi,

I am looking for a trusted shop in the Annapolis/dc area. I see that on the map Oliver was once in Baltimore, but I think has since moved. The shops in VA are a good distance away.

Anyone in Baltimore have a trusted shop?

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
For TDI related work, I used to make the trip to Tom in Stafford or up to Dennis in PA. For general VW work, there were few places I trusted, and it was DIY for almost everything that didn't need a lift. It's a bit of a time investment to get to those shops, but worth it.

Cptcrnch

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI wagon; 2014 Golf TDI (buyback 7/26/17)
For basic VW work New German Performance in Aberdeen are really good. TDI specific there's also Robert's Automotive in Mountville PA is probably under 2hrs. I've never been there myself but it's on the list.

There is a place in York PA (90mins from Annapolis) called Premier Auto Werks. I haven't been to his shop yet but have spoken with him and he will be my go to for repairs I can't complete myself (I just moved back to the area not too long ago). He's not on the list, but he daily drives a highly modified ALH Golf and is very familiar with the ALH and BEW. He also gets a lot of his parts from ID Parts as well. As always though YMMV.

elcid86

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SEL
For TDI related work, I used to make the trip to Tom in Stafford or up to Dennis in PA. For general VW work, there were few places I trusted, and it was DIY for almost everything that didn't need a lift. It's a bit of a time investment to get to those shops, but worth it.

Please tell me more about Tom as I’m in Stafford, VA. Thx

kweicksel

TDI
2005.5 Jetta
Good stuff. Anywhere local you trusted for basic non-TDI stuff. Just moved to area.

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
Hi,

I am looking for a trusted shop in the Annapolis/dc area. I see that on the map Oliver was once in Baltimore, but I think has since moved. The shops in VA are a good distance away.

Anyone in Baltimore have a trusted shop?
Oliver is still up the road from Baltimore as far as I know. He did some work for me at the end of November, 2017 at a shop in Kingsville, MD. So unless he has moved since then he is still in the greater Baltimore area.

Dave

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Good stuff. Anywhere local you trusted for basic non-TDI stuff. Just moved to area.
Honestly, for our TDIs, it was either DIY, work at GTGs, or using the lift at Impex in Cockeysville (or mil bases) if a TDIClub guru wasn't used.

For gasser VWs, I've been to:

Mark I VWs in Walkersville (cranky and best for older VWs)
NGP in Aberdeen (listed by Cptcrnch above)
Wheaton VW Service Center in Wheaton (one visit)
Nick & Vodek at Auto International in Annapolis (uneven pricing and service)
Chesapeake Import? in Annapolis (one visit).

We have quite a few members in the area, I would do a search of the east coast forum and an advanced search of the 101 forum.