TDI Fest 2015

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
Can it be done during the summertime, BEFORE Labor Day? I have 2 + months off in the summertime & would love to attend one of these events but the Labor Day Holiday is a no go!
There could be better turn out earlier before school starts. I do a lot of family stuff so I don't make them all.

ITSPREZ

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI 5spd
I helped with TDI FEST 2008 planning and willing to help with 2015. I live in SC now, but will be moving back to SE Indiana soon (not that it matters).

Last edited:

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Well, being stuck in the cabin for several days due to snow and pretty cold temps for tis neck of the woods makes for a good time to work on summer-time plans.

So, for a road trip, we are pretty much set on a couple of options (back to Alaska or Nova Scotia, Canada) with one other option being the Pacific Northwest area.... been a while since I last did the loop around Mt. Olympus, and, we've never been to Vancouver Island. Also, back east of there, I'd like to visit the Hell's Canyon area of Idaho ....

Anyway, I know the planners and shakers are working on the 2015 TDI Fest. But, it would be nice to know which part of North America "we" are leaning toward for this year's fest (Canada, east of the Mississippi River or West of it...... hint, please). I'd like to tie it into my plans!

Lots of work to be done for a mid-June departure. If the TDI Fest location is fitting, preparing a long road trip that would take in Labor Day weekend, gives more time!

........ just thinking ahead!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Let me see if I can release the location this week. I know a lot of people are trying to make plans. :)

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Yeah, and I don't have any updates at the moment. We are working on big things - reviewing hotel proposals and deciding between two locations. :)

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
- reviewing hotel proposals and deciding between two locations. :)
Can you give us a hint? Is it two different cities or two different venues within the same area? If we can't have any facts, can we at least get another useless factoid?:rolleyes:

Have Fun!

Don

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Abacus, we went to Nova Scotia right after the TDI Fest in Bethel, Maine back in '13. My wife directed me over to Acadia National Park on the coast. We worked our way up the coast from there and finally into New Brunswick and followed along the coast there as we headed on toward NS.

Unfortunately, there was a bad low pressure system producing lots of wind and rain that was forecast to last several days. So, just over in NS at the visitor center, we turned back.

So, we have lots of reasons to return!

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
It's usually nice up here in the summer and well worth the trip. Should you decide to venture back this way, let me know. You're welcome to use the house (plenty of room for all) as a staging area as well. If you like seafood, that alone will make the trip worthwhile and it comes straight off the boat, so it can't get any fresher.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Patience.......... the timing belt is properly tensioned , the timing marks are right on and in 2 weeks or so we will see if this baby will start. Keep looking for the announcement.

After all inquiring minds want and need to know.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Can you give us a hint? Is it two different cities or two different venues within the same area? If we can't have any facts, can we at least get another useless factoid?:rolleyes:

Have Fun!

Don
Useless factoids: Two cities, both of which are situated in the eastern time zone. :)

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
It's usually nice up here in the summer and well worth the trip. Should you decide to venture back this way, let me know. You're welcome to use the house (plenty of room for all) as a staging area as well. If you like seafood, that alone will make the trip worthwhile and it comes straight off the boat, so it can't get any fresher.
Wow! That's an awesome open invite!

No doubt, I need to do a Google and check-out the Nobleboro area.

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
It's a quiet area near the mid-coast, about an hour from Acadia or Portland, with very picturesque scenery all around. We have 4 lighthouses about 1/2 hour from us and we'll often cook dinner on a grill at one while relaxing with a book and bag chair. Maine really is nice in the summer and fall, not so pleasant in winter and mud/bug season.

Lug_Nut

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
idi: 1988 Bolens DGT1700H, the other oil burner: 1967 Saab Sonett II two stroke
Maine really is nice in the summer and fall, not so pleasant in winter and mud/bug season.
Summah: Aaah-ghist
Aahtum: Setem-bah
Wintah: Octo-bah through April
no-see-um season: May though July

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Well, after the 2013 Fest, we headed east to the coast and for Acadia. Looking at the maps yesterday, I cannot definitively say which route(s) we took. But, I do recall the back country was awesome!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I would like to see the Fest if it is held be held in Honor of Chris Farnham....
Considering how strong of a supporter Chris was of TDIFest and TDIClub, this is the least we can do.

As for a location announcement, Fred and I hope to be making it on March 31st at the conclusion of a site visit that weekend. :)

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Yes is was!! however..... trip up and back and Customs Sucked!!:rolleyes:
Yeah they really picked on us for no particular reason. Had to go inside and wait 30 minutes to talk to a person who checked our documents (the same ones that the guy at the gate checked) and sent us on our way. :confused: