View Single Post
Old December 17th, 2018, 09:20   #2154
EffinNewGuy

TDI(s): 2013 JSW

My post-fix 2013 CPO JSW TDI DSG threw a CEL light last night after fill up. I've only owned this car for a month and a half, currently has ~48.5K miles. I fueled up at a high traffic high volume location right off the highway. Car still ran fine, the only issue was the light.

Took it to my dealer this morning, after a while they told me the whole fuel system was going to be replaced and they were putting me in a loaner. I went back to get the car seat out and talked to the Tech. He showed me the photos he had on his phone of the metal shavings and rust in the HPFP and clogging the screen. They also did the on-site fuel analysis and said it failed, but the tech did say it's just a sniffer test that only gives a pass/fail (no numerical analysis). I have photo'd every fuel receipt and kept a log of fuel-ups.

Good news, they said it's warrantied, 100% covered. No issues for me.

I do, however, have a question regarding the post HPFP/CR/injector/fuel system replacement. Should I worry about any post fix issues? Has anyone had issues with the replacement HPFP? Is it a direct part replacement, or has VW updated the CP4?

Thanks in advance.
EffinNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08497 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 14.92 Kb. compressed to 13.49 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.59%)]