View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2018, 22:02   #2153
DBubba65

TDI(s): 2012 JSW
Fuel Economy: 42-45
Default Interesting read...and timely

Tonight I was making my regular 200 mile home from my office. When I left the office I had over a half a tank of diesel so I knew I did not need to stop for fuel. About 130 miles into the journey my car started losing power and the glow plug light started flashing. I pulled over to the shoulder of the highway and the engine stalled. Regular engine temp, a little over 1/4 of a tank of fuel remaining, no odd smells, etc...

I checked the engine oil and referenced owners manual. Engine control malfunction was the cause of the flashing glow plug light. I attempted another start and the engine acted like it was out of fuel?? How could that be the guage showed fuel..

I called a tow truck and had it pulled in. Service advisory hopped in the car to place into neutral to let it roll off the flatbed wrecker. I saw the low fuel light and empty fuel guage reading and asked him what is going on?

Has any else had a sticky fuel guage sending unit?? This is gonna make me puke if they have to replace the fuel system and possibly the engine,.
DBubba65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.08098 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 14.89 Kb. compressed to 13.46 Kb. by saving 1.43 Kb. (9.58%)]