View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2018, 17:53   #2151
mrorganic

Fuel Economy: Not sure but around 40

I was not so worried about my HPFP either as I got the modification on my car at 75,000 and the VW web site said i had an extended warranty to 129,000. My check engine light came on and i was not able to get it to stay off myself and so took my TDI to the dealer. The service Advisor told me, they new exactly what was happening to my car and and proceeded to tell me that there was metal filings in my fuel and that VW would not cover/honor the warranty because i did not have a "Fuel Guard Kit" installed on my car.

My advice to any TDI owner if you do not have this Fuel Guard Kit on your car is to find one and put it on your car.

I now have a 2012 VW Jetta Sportwagon that i can not use that only has 91,000 miles on it. I did not think that the HPFP was out when i took it in, as all the failures that i had read about showed immediate and no warning with a Check Engine light.

Hope all will spread this about the Fuel Guard Kit. I did find three of them but no use to me now.

So i am all for filing or being part of a class action law suit about the failures of the HPFP.

My car still runs, but i am not going to drive it until I get it fixed.

Last edited by mrorganic; September 16th, 2018 at 18:01. Reason: Ad some more info
mrorganic is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06583 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 15.52 Kb. compressed to 13.86 Kb. by saving 1.66 Kb. (10.68%)]