View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2017, 13:36   #28
Mrrogers1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Never high enough but always trying for more.... (See signature)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sad Panda View Post
They are designed to work around it so they dont need a regen light on the dash or anything so no it shouldnt hurt anything. I just prefer to not shut it off when the DPF is at 600C so I usually let it idle until complete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyNH View Post
Should be nothing bad, but most folks like to avoid it...
If you do interrupt it, the cooling fan will run on high a bit after shutdown.
Since we now have (in the USA) a 11 year 162,000 mile warranty in most cases, I would worry even less about the DPF cracking due to the thermal stress of an interrupt regen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Anchorage View Post
On my '09, before emissions tune, I had the monitor set on 900F to show me the regen was happening at highway revs. I saw it hit 1200F once and that seemed too much, so I turned into a pull off and shut it down. On restart, it was done with regen. I have no idea how the newer ones, and especially the new tune, modifies those parameters. I doubt VW would let you know.
Well, glad to see I'm not alone on this one. I think the TDI crowd are, in general, more "in tune" with their vehicles. I know they are supposed to work around the mid regen shut down but I really dislike stepping out of the car, fans running like it's an airplane about to take off and car smelling like a bonfire.

Page generated in 0.05806 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 17.22 Kb. compressed to 15.60 Kb. by saving 1.63 Kb. (9.46%)]