View Single Post
Old May 10th, 2017, 18:43   #10
john.jackson9213
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 1996 B4V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layerz View Post
Am I right too that you can be roadside tested if pulled over too?
My understanding in CA is that mods are targeted by the police too, would be handy to correct my understanding if wrong here.
Roadside tests are for gathering real world data. No danger to registration from participating in the roadside test. I was in one earlier this year for the first time. Got my California drivers license in 1965.

If you have a muffler loud enough to tee off your neighbors and they complain. Yes, you might get a ticket. If your car belches blue clouds of smoke where ever you drive, yes you might get a ticket. As flee said, you can call a phone number and report excessive smoke.

Do the cops target modified cars? Seriously NO. I find it amazing how these tales get spread. It usually involves a stupid driver doing something stupid, unsafe to attract attention. They get stopped, then want to argue with the cop. Funny how that works. About 5 years ago, I saw a jerk on a motorcycle go on the wrong side of the road to pass a couple of cars. Unfortunately for him, there was a San Diego motorcycle cop coming around the corner. Loved seeing that guy get pulled over!
1996 B4V, Hella E-Codes, GLX leather, EuroTuning.cz 02A 6 speed conversion w/.71 5th and .588 6th gear, A4 shift linkage by Matt-98AHU. 11 mm pump by Oldpoopie. Now, GTC1549VZ turbo by Whitbread. TDtuning, 24 lbs. boost, 162 hp, 285 lb/ft tq. Smoke Free (9/18/15). Koni Yellows and Big Brake 5 lug conversion.

Last edited by john.jackson9213; May 10th, 2017 at 19:20.
john.jackson9213 is offline   Reply With Quote

Page generated in 0.06698 seconds with 8 queries
[Output: 16.53 Kb. compressed to 14.80 Kb. by saving 1.73 Kb. (10.49%)]