My new 2003 Silver ALH

mattahorn

TDI
https://imgur.com/a/ioN82

Hello this is my first post here! 128k babied miles. Only had it a couple of days but I'm in love already.
Looking for advice on what you would do for rims/hubcap or whether you like her in her current form.
Thanks for looking!

mattahorn

TDI
Small world! I may need to summon your knowledge/direction in about 40-60k miles when the dreaded timing belt change comes up. You have a particular shop you like to have your work done at or do you do it yourself?

03TDICommuter

Veteran Member
TDI
01' NB, 5spd
I've been doing all the work myself on all my cars. I generally don't trust shops.

I won't need a timing belt for a while but will start gathering tools as the time gets closer.

h4vok

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi 5sp 171k
Looks nice! I just got my 03 back in February with 148k $4900. Yours has less rust though because California.

mattahorn

TDI
Looks nice! I just got my 03 back in February with 148k $4900. Yours has less rust though because California.
Thanks! Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with it. Know I'm going to do the ventecromy and daytime running light delete, but not sure if I'm going to leave the rims or get some alloys.... Anyone have some advice or recommendations on other mods? Much appreciated.

h4vok

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi 5sp 171k
Thanks! Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with it. Know I'm going to do the ventecromy and daytime running light delete, but not sure if I'm going to leave the rims or get some alloys.... Anyone have some advice or recommendations on other mods? Much appreciated.
I would look at some 16in oem rims I think they should provide the best balance of ride vs looks. I have 15in and I wish I had the 16s, but mine do ride nice. I would look into deleting the muffler. Had mine done for about $100 just a straight pipe and a 2.25in tip. Hardly any louder, but sounds much better. Then I would look into some DLC520 injectors as they run great on a stock tune and will increase power without losing mpg. I would also sort anything that looks like it needs replacing + maintenance. Also a rosstech vcds would be very helpful.

h4vok

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi 5sp 171k
Another question what kind/size of tire chains are those? I am taking a ski trip this January and will need some for my 03 jetta before then.

mattahorn

TDI
Another question what kind/size of tire chains are those? I am taking a ski trip this January and will need some for my 03 jetta before then.
Not sure what size they are. The spot on the box that would have said it was worn. Probably pretty easy to find based on tire size id imagine.