Propel fuels diesel #2 HPR has anyone in Socal used it?

SoSoTDI

TDI
2013 A3 TDI Ti
So the Propel station just removed their B20 biodiesel and replaced it with their Diesel #2 HPR. I used to fill my tank up with 10-11 gallons of reg #2 and then top it off with B20 around 2-3 gallons making it around 2-3% biodiesel. I know my car 2013 A3 Tdi CBEA can run up to B5.

Here's the detail info about it http://dieselhpr.com/learn-more from what it looks like it seems better than your run of the mill station #2 as it has higher cetane and better additives for lubricity.

Just wondering if it's safe to run a full tank on this HPR? It's $.50 cheaper a gallon than reg #2 at around $2.49 per gallon.

SoSoTDI

TDI
2013 A3 TDI Ti
If you read the entire thread all you questions will be answered. :eek:
I did, that's why I posted it right under my initial post as it answered my own question.
It will just make it easier to find when using the search by titles with "hpr".

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
I did, that's why I posted it right under my initial post as it answered my own question.
It will just make it easier to find when using the search by titles with "hpr".
OK fair enough....I kinda thought you were implying that was all you could find and still didn't find an answer to your original question my bad.;)

PeterGum

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
HPR in NorCal

I have been using Propel's HPR #2 diesel exclusively in my2013 Jetta Sportwagen for a year and it works fine. I understand they add something to bring the lubricity up to the petro diesel specs. Otherwise it matches the petro specs exactly. Glad to hear HPR is available in SoCal. Looking for other comments on HPR users results/observations on using it exclusively.

PeterGum

TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen
Using HPR exclusively for 1 year

I am in NorCal and have a Propel station three blocks from my house. i've used it almost exclusively for over a year and my 2013 Jetta Sportwagen runs great.AND according to Propel's spec sheet it expels 14% less NOx
than the petro diesel. Go to www.dieselhpr.com and look up the spec comparisons with petro diesel. Very interesting.